You hear so many people saying you should write a book. Your business may be struggling, and it’s tempting to buy into the idea that writing a book will give your business that boost you need.
The credibility and authority a book would give you are huge. Your book can get you interviews, speaking gigs, and sell more of your products, services and programs.
But is writing a book the move for you?
Click here to download or listen to this episode now.
The Bible has some interesting advice for us…“My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment.” James 3:1 (NKJV)
I think that’s another way of saying, “With great power comes great responsibility.” So if you choose to become a teacher, or an author, be prepared to take it seriously and grow some rhinoceros skin because people will take a poke at you.
Tip of the Week
I’ve noticed that most people grossly underestimate the time it takes to do things.
I use Nozbe to help me overcome that challenge. It has helped me become a productivity ninja. It helps me deal with my incoming tasks, prioritize them, manage them within projects and get them done quickly and effectively…and that is a beautiful thing.
Feature Presentation: Should I Write a Book?
5 Reasons to Write a Book
- A good book can build your reputation, authority, and credibility.
- A good book will be a legacy that lives on after you are gone.
- A book causes you to test, clarify, and strengthen your thinking.
- A book can get you interviews, speaking engagements, and sales.
- While you probably won’t make a fortune by publishing a book, you can make one explaining the book.
5 Reasons Not to Write a Book
- A bad book can ruin your reputation.
- A book never goes away – copies will always exist.
- You will never be happy with it.
- It’s hard to do.
- Authors rarely make any money from writing a book.
And…you guessed it…some snippets from our conversation:
- They “wrote the book” on that (13:27)
- Get out of my head! (14:27)
- Anger is an energy (16:01)
- The pathway to the stage (17:15)
- The hub of your business (18:07)
- Express yourself! (19:45)
- The toothpaste is out of the tube (21:27)
- You can run, but you can’t hide (22:10)
- Satisfaction NOT guaranteed (22:34)
- You get out what you put in (23:13)
- If you write it, they may not buy it (24:31)
- Tell me about your platform (26:38)
- Do you have a plan? (27:09)
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
How To Help
Subscribe to the show through iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show. PLEASE USE THE APPLE PODCAST APP!
Get The Transcript
Right-Click and “Save As” to Get the PDF Transcript.