I will never forget the day I heard the bad news about copywriting. And now, I’m about to give you that same bad news.
Conferences where I will be attending and/or speaking:
- Platform Conference, Nov 3-5 2013, Dallas, TX
- Private Client Meeting, Dec 2-4
- “The Forge”
- NMX, Jan 4-6, 2014, Las Vegas, NV
- Strategic Influence Jan 14-16, 2014, Phoenix, AZ
- NAMS 11 February 7-9, 2014, Atlanta, GA
- Social Media Marketing World, March 26-28, 2014, San Diego, CA
- “Permission to Prosper” April 8-10, 2014, Spokane, WA
Tip Of The Week
This week, my tip of the week is a simple exercise… a short question that can totally revamp your perspective on your business, and even your life.
God wants us to build people up, not tear them down.
“Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.”
This is only possible when we begin to see other people the way God sees them. And he saw enough in them, even the people we are fear or we hate, to actually die in their place.
“You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans?”
1 Cor 3:3
Here are the seven inconvenient truths about copywriting:
- It takes work.
- Not everyone is good at it.
- Even the best have flops.
- Sometimes it’s not necessary.
- It works almost like magic.
- Long copy usually works best.
- The most effective copy probably will embarrass you in front of your friends.
Question: Do you write your own sales copy, or do you have someone write it for you? Click here to leave your comments.