Coming up this week…
- Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people?
- A magic photo bag that is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside
- And a remarkable conversation with Mark Goblowski, creator of the Strength Through the Struggle podcast
Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people?
Here’s the short answer…He doesn’t.
In this week’s episode I’ll give you a scripture-based answer to back this up, but here’s all you really need to know:
- God is good.
- The devil is bad.
Tip Of The Week
A magic photo bag that is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside.
I have been faced with a travel dilemma for some time now. I live in a smallish city that often requires me to take smaller regional jets with limited overhead bin space to get where I need to go.
That’s a problem because I travel with my photo gear, business essentials, and my carry-on bag with my clothes. All that baggage makes me look like a sherpa loaded down to climb some great mountain. This is not a good look for me by the way.
It checks all the boxes that I need in a bag, and the best part is that it’s magically bigger on the inside than it is on the outside.
Feature Segment: “How To Overcome Everything”
My guest this week is someone who has been through some crazy trials in his life, and the way he has responded has been an inspiration to me. Here are some of the things you’ll learn this week from my friend Mark Goblowsky:
- The personal tragedy that inspired the Strength Through the Struggle mission [13:52]
- The power of testimony [15:14]
- Testimonies are all around us [15:44]
- The Scriptural basis for testimony [16:15]
- What to do when it feels like hope is slipping away [16:59]
- When hope disappears, action goes with it [17:53]
- The role of martial arts in high-speed problem solving [18:40]
- The world in-between [20:08]
- How to answer the question, “Why did this happen to me?” [20:20]
- Defeating emotional and spiritual challenges [21:58]
- The overcoming power of love [23:20]
- Create what you want to consume [24:20]
- Mark’s top 3 podcast episodes [25:30]
- The power of perspective [29:55]
- Transforming the realities of life [32:30]
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
New Living Translation Bible
Great Message from John Piper
Airport Essentials photo bag, from ThinkTank
Strength Through the Struggle podcast with Mark Goblowsky
Free Download: The 7 Lessons Learned by Going Through the Hard Things in Life by Mark Goblowsky
How To Help
Subscribe to the show through iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.