You asked…we answered.
In this episode we’re going to answer seven of the most common questions we get about copywriting.
“And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:19
Another story from our friend Andy Mason of HeavenInBusiness.com:
A business owner of a small insurance (brokerage) agency has been sharing with his employees about how good Father God is and how He likes to love, help, and bless people.
One of the staff, who has been professing to be an atheist for, comes to the boss and says, “Will you pray for a good quote on this account? We really need a miracle.”
The owner says, “You want me to contact Heaven and get a good quote rather than the insurance company?”
She says, “Yes.”
There was only one insurance company (underwriter) left who hadn't declined or offered unreasonable terms. This was their only hope.
Later that day they received an outstanding quote, better than they expected, from this insurance company.
The proposal was presented and they wrote the new business. This new account will represent almost 20% of the “atheist'” salesperson's annual target!
How about that…God even cares about atheists.
Tip Of The Week
For a limited time I’m making available my free copywriting course entitled “Ray's Short Course on Copywriting: Selling Without Sleazing” plus a free ebook about the $2 Billion Sales Letter You’ve Never Heard Of.
Inside this free course you’ll find the answers on how to sell without feeling sleazy, and I’ll walk you through the most successful sales letter ever written, and show to how to apply it to your product or service.
Feature Segment: “The 5 Readers You Either Benefit Or Betray”
Here are some of the most common questions we get about copywriting:
- What is copywriting?
- What is a sales letter?
- Why is copy so hypey/cheesy/pushy?
- Will this work for my business? My business is different.
- Does long copy actually work?
- Should I learn copy or just hire a writer?
- Isn’t copy manipulative? Isn’t that wrong?
And…you guessed it…some snippets from our conversation:
- Do I need a lawyer for this? (9:40)
- Sean’s rant of the week (10:20)
- Words that move the world (12:55)
- How not to gracefully exit a packed room (13:38)
- The world before the internet (15:16)
- The Bottle Cap Incident (16:08)
- The Father of the Sales Page (17:10)
- Hold the cheese (18:04)
- The Dark Side of Jedi Mind Tricks (20:13)
- Trickless Marketing (21:01)
- You are, but you aren’t (21:28)
- B2B or B2C…it’s ATS (24:58)
- Are you boring? (25:24)
- Do I really need to learn this? (28:14)
- Aristotle was a great copywriter (30:58)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
How To Help
Subscribe to the show through iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show. PLEASE USE THE APPLE PODCAST APP!