You have a message, a product, or a service and you want to spread the message far and wide. But despite your best efforts, you don’t seem to be getting any traction.
In this episode we’ll show you how to be like your heroes and make money while making an impact.
I believe there are principles behind scripture that can apply to more than one situation.
Now before the scripture police get all up in arms over that statement, I recommend you listen to this section of the show for greater clarity.
In Galatians Chapter 6 verse nine, the Apostle Paul teaches us to “not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.”
In the context of this episode, I believe the lesson here is that if you’re worried about building a bigger audience and too feel like its too difficult, be encouraged to not grow weary. You’re doing good and in due season you will reap if you don’t lose heart.
Tip Of The Week
Michael Hyatt introduced me to this week’s tip, and I immediately knew that I needed one. What is it you ask?
It’s the Spine Book Tower.
It allows me to house about 70 books in a lot less space than a traditional book shelf, and its an almost magical way to display your written works of art.
Feature Segment: “How Do I Get A Bigger Audience?”
You can grow your audience simply by writing according to these 5 Steps
- Narrow Your Focus – the riches are in the niches
- Find Your Hook – are you my kind of weird?
- Create Your Manifesto – here we stand
- Recruit True Believers – can I get an amen? And an email address?
- Build Your Media Empire – the everywhere effect
And…you guessed it…some snippets from our conversation:
- And now…the end of the story (10:55)
- The worst place to draw a line (11:30)
- The Secret of Getting a Bigger Audience (13:19)
- The myth of self-discipline (14:45)
- Aim small…miss small (15:39)
- You talkin to me? (16:45)
- Embrace your inner misfit (17:20)
- Scratch that niche (18:35)
- Nobody wants to hear that…do they? (19:40)
- The Weirdness Magnet (20:32)
- This should scare you (22:59)
- Your most valuable asset (24:48)
- Ray’s Rant of the Week (26:14)
- Barbarians at the Gate (27:07)
- The Secret of the 5-Steps (28:45)
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
How To Help
Subscribe to the show through iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show. PLEASE USE THE APPLE PODCAST APP!