You can hardly open your email these days without seeing someone promising the super-secret key to insane business growth. I know that the title of this episode seems like over-the-top clickbait, but by the time we’re done you’ll see that it’s no exaggeration.
This kind of extraordinary growth is happening right now to my friend Michael Stelzner of Social Media Examiner. We're going to be talking with him this week and let him explain exactly how he has done this and how you can do the same for your business.
This week’s spiritual foundations should be exciting for you because I'm about to reveal to you a secret superpower you probably did not know you had.
If you're a follower of Jesus, you are part of what's called the royal priesthood. It means that you are both a king and a priest under the kingly priesthood of Jesus Christ.
In the old covenant, kings and priests were two different groups of people. You could be a king or a priest, but you could not be both at the same time. Today, if we are in Christ, we are both kings and priests. A royal priesthood. That means we have double the supernatural speaking power because of our king-priesthood roles.
How do I know this? Well, if you look in Ecclesiastes chapter eight verse four it says, “Where the word of a king is, there is power.” If you look at Deuteronomy, chapter 21 verse five it says of priests, “By their word, every controversy and every assault shall be settled.” As a believer, if you're in business, you have an edge over other business people. There you go, I said it.
What you say about your business deals will come to pass. You have that power in your speech.
If you get falsely accused of something, if people give you bad reviews online or say bad things about you as they inevitably will, you need to know that by your very word, every controversy and every assault will be settled.
This doesn't just apply to your business, it also applies the rest of your life.
As a king-priest, you can bless your children by speaking words of destiny over them. You have the power to set in motion the supernatural forces that will give them what they need to win the battles of life and live out their destiny.
Instead of agreeing with the devil when he says bad things about you, your life, your business, and your family, you should declare the opposite. You should say, along with me, “I live under supernatural protection. I prosper in all my relationships. God forgives all my iniquities and heals all my diseases.”
You can say, straight from Scripture, “The Lord will make my way prosperous and give me good success.” You've got double the speaking power of any king or priest from the old covenant. Use your double speaking power and bring these blessings to fruition in your own life.
Speak what you want to see and go out there and be the royal priest that you are.
Tip of the Week
I'm going to confess right now that I have never understood cryptocurrency.
I hear people talking about Bitcoin and I just nod politely and listen, realizing I have no idea what they're talking about. That is until I had a conversation with my friend Joel Comm who is now the co-host of The Bad Crypto Podcast.
This is a great place to start getting answers to questions like:
- What is cryptocurrency?
- What is Bitcoin?
- Does it have a place in your future?
I think after listening to a couple of episodes, the answer is, “Yes it does.” I think this is the future of currency, of investing.
It can be hard to understand, but these guys make it easy. My advice is to start at episode one and listen to each successive episode to get caught up.
Take a listen, you’ll thank me…I promise.
Feature Presentation: “Make Your Own YouTube Reality Show & Grow Your Business Like Crazy”
This week’s guest is my friend Michael Stelzner. He's the founder of Social Media Examiner, and the author of books like Launch and Writing White Papers. Michael is also the man behind Social Media Marketing World, the industry's largest conference. He's also the host of the Social Media Marketing Podcast, founder of the Social Media Marketing Society, host of the weekly Social Media Marketing Talk Show, and the central character in the YouTube reality show The Journey, an episodic documentary about his own company.
Here are a few snippets from our conversation:
- Take a journey – Michael discusses how an episodic YouTube channel played a significant role in growing his business by 62% (6:13)
- The Mother of Invention – Michael reveals the story behind “The Journey” and how he went from idea to execution in seven days (7:30)
- Video killed the radio star – Michael answers the questions, “Why video?” and “Why now?” (9:12)
- No one resonates with rosy – Why it’s a good idea to reveal your flaws to your audience, even if it makes you uncomfortable (11:13)
- Authenticity is a contact sport – Michael talks about the dark side of being transparent and how, like a Jedi master, you can make it work for you (14:18)
- Swim with the sharks without getting eaten – How to draw the line between content marketing and shameless promotion (15:16)
- Binge-watching as a business strategy – Michael shares about the power of creating compelling content, and doing it on your own terms (18:34)
- Getting to know you – Why video creates a highly sought-after connection with you and your business, even if viewers have never met you in person (22:07)
- The thousand-mile journey begins with the first step – Michael opens up about what it takes to begin your own Journey, whether you have a team or it’s just you against the world (25:45)
- Follow someone through a minefield – Michael shows you the most common pitfalls of creating your own Journey, and how to avoid them (27:58)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- The Prosperity Academy
- The Bad Crypto Podcast
- Social Media Examiner
- Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition
- Writing White Papers: How to Capture Readers and Keep Them Engaged
- Social Media Marketing World
- Social Media Marketing Podcast
- Social Media Marketing Society
- Social Media Marketing Talk Show
- The Journey
- Zoom H4n Pro
How To Help
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.