Conventional wisdom tells us that success takes time…sometimes a long time. Well, I think we’ve been lied to, and I can prove it.
In this episode I’m going to give you a set of tools that will put you on the pathway to a brand new you in seven short days, but as you’ll find out, I believe that success can happen in an instant.
I've been reading my friend Frank Viola's giant new book called There Must Be More, a Titan's Collectible. If it's still available, you should get it. But reading this book triggered a memory for me of something I learned from Frank about the two trees.
In the beginning there were two trees, The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil and the Tree of Life.
The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is the serpent's promise. He promised, “You will be like God, and you will decide for yourself what is good.” This is what Jesus referred to when He was talking about the “leaven” of the Pharisees.
Jesus is the Tree of Life (see John 15) this is the forgotten tree. This is the one we don't talk about. When we choose the forgotten tree, we take the life of God into ourselves.
The Pharisees, meanwhile, ate from the first tree, the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, and so do many or most modern churches. These are the people with the protest signs, with the signs about the groups that they hate, with the signs about how America is being punished for its sins, because they are only conscious of the knowledge of good and evil. Better that we eat from the Tree of Life, Jesus.
There's a term that's applied to Christians quite often. People say we are “People of the Book.” We are not. We are not a people of the Book. We are a people of the Person. And the Person is He whose birth we celebrate today, on the day this show is being released, Jesus Christ. He is the Tree of Life.
We must begin living under the forgotten tree (the Tree of Life) rather than eating the fruit of the forbidden one.
Tip of the Week
My Tip of the Week is the HabitShare app. This is an amazing free habit-tracking app that I was turned on to by my friend Cliff Ravenscraft, and I was sold on it immediately.
This is a cool habit-tracking app because it allows you to share habits that you're trying to form with friends, so you get extra motivation and accountability.
It's very simple to use. You can set prompts to help you remember to do your new habits, you can create custom habits that fit your specific goals, and you can make them daily or weekly.
If privacy is a concern, you can control which of your habits your friends see and which ones they can't.
I love this app and I recommend you check it out. They've got it both for the Apple platform and for Android, so anybody can use it.
Feature Presentation: “7 Days To A Brand New You”
Any person can change their life and become successful in as little as 7 days by
walking through the 7 Doors of Decision and asking the 3 Crucial Questions.
- Decide WHAT you want
- Decide WHY you want it
- Decide if it’s WORTHY of you
- Decide WHEN you want it
- Decide with WHOM you want it
- Decide WHERE you want it
- Decide HOW you’re going to get it (with a big WHY you can overcome any HOW)
Questions to ask:
- What’s the cost?
- Is it worth it?
- Am I willing and able to pay the price
Here are some snippets from our conversation:
- Break the shackles of justification – Why it’s okay to want what you want just because you want it (13:30)
- The Power of Why – Discovering the oft-overlooked fuel that allows you to accelerate toward your dreams (15:09)
- Putting goodness on display – How reaching for your fullest potential is the surest way to reach your fullest satisfaction (18:29)
- Someday isn’t on the calendar – Uncovering why a goal without a deadline is just another unfulfilled dream (20:19)
- Success alone is not success – Unlocking the key to picking the right partner who will never leave you nor forsake you (21:10)
- Location, location, location – Success includes the freedom of choosing where to succeed…you possess the power to move at will (24:23)
- “Why” overcomes “how” – Identifying the reason you would choose to put yourself in the place where preparation and opportunity meet (26:59)
- The Golden Key in your pocket – How asking the right questions will help you successfully navigate through the Doors of Decision (31:21)
- Are you delusional or dedicated? – How taking the next logical step is the portal to the success pathway (33:18
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
How To Help
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.