I still haven’t figured out a naming convention for these posts. Suggestions welcome. Here are my 6 Links for this week…
- The Glif. The new iPhone shoots 4K video. You’re going to need to put that phone on a tripod to keep your audios from getting motion sickness. The Glif helps you make rock-steady, professional videos with your iPhone. It has two primary functions: mounting your phone onto a tripod, and propping your phone up at various angles. Oh, and it’s cheap.
- Desk. A simple and elegant writing app made for bloggers. Distraction-free interface. Built for speed and efficiency with an assortment of powerful viewing modes, keyboard shortcuts, and “Quick Publish” functionality. It handles Markdown, you can save and access your work locally (“Offline mode”) or via iCloud Drive, and you can compose with confidence thanks to real-time autosaving. Connect to WordPress (Self-Hosted, WP.com), Blogger, Tumblr, Facebook, Typepad, Movable Type, Squarespace, and more to come soon. Cool features like character & word count, reading time, and real-time preview.
- Bossjock IOS Podcast Studio. Some time ago I began a quest for a simplified, minimalist podcast studio that sounds pro. This may be it – I’m going to try it out this week. I just have to figure out how to plug two microphones into it. This is basically an all-in-one IOS tool to create and publish rich audio productions. A podcast studio in you iPhone. Will it work? We’ll see.
- The best darn microphone $60 can buy. The Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone. 1/5 the price of my Heil PR40 and sounds almost as nice.
- Auphonic, ridding the world of terrible podcast audio. Kirk Bowman turned me on to this app. Auphonic makes your mediocre audio sound magnificent. Auphonic analyzes your audio and does whatever is necessary to make it professional quality. No more podcast audio that sucks.
- CoSchedule. The best way to plan your marketing, and save a ton of time More than 10,000 bloggers, editors, and social marketers trust the CoSchedule editorial calendar to plan their blog, content marketing, and social media. Heck, I wouldn’t have a marketing editorial calendar if it wasn’t for this app.
Found something cool you’d like to share? Do so in the comments belowe!