Too often we go through life bouncing from one random event to the next, always reacting to our circumstances and allowing them to dictate our lives.
If you're ever going to take control of your destiny, you have to be able to learn to adjust to circumstances using your own personal grit, determination, and the ability to focus on significance instead of success. Today's guest, Aaron Walker, can help you do just that.
You are the pioneer. The entrepreneur. The explorer. The risk-taker. But you find yourself married to, or in business with, a settler. A homesteader. A risk-avoider.
In this episode, our very special guest is going to blow your mind with her insights about how to harmonize these polar opposites, and prove that they are better together than apart.
Our verse this week is from Psalm 18:22…“He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.”
That has certainly been the case with me as you’ll discover later in this episode.
Tip of the Week
Word of Warning: My tip this week won’t work for people who are paranoid about being tracked by their phone.
I have fallen in love with an app called Life Cycle.
This app automatically tracks your life and presents it to you in a way that lets you see what you’re doing with your time.
If you’re looking to make changes about the ways you spend your time, this may just be the app for you.
Feature Presentation: “Married To The Business: The Pioneer and the Settler”
In this episode I’m having a conversation with a very wise woman…my wife Lynn. She is the most authentic and honest person I know, and she has a totally contagious laugh.
Here are some snippets from our conversation:
- The origin of the Pioneer and the Settler (4:35)
- Not for women only (5:05)
- Wagons Ho! (5:28)
- The shooting gallery (6:01)
- On a gravy train with biscuit wheels (6:26)
- An unethical dilemma (7:44)
- What a freak-out feels like (8:04)
- Be the conductor of your own train (8:45)
- Asking the awkward question (9:44)
- Genesis and the kitchen table (11:18)
- The recipe for a great husband and father (12:05)
- Ray gets busted (13:03)
- The dilemma of letting go (13:29)
- Clash of the Titans (15:05)
- The value of a Safe Space (15:28)
- Doing the brave thing (16:18)
- Same song…48th verse (17:09)
- Know the other person’s heart (18:15)
- How to stay married (19:17)
- The foundation of faith (21:40)
- What to say to your younger self (23:05)
- Don’t sweat the small stuff (24:03)
- Lynn’s message to the younger Ray (24:24)
- The sexy snort (25:12)
- Escaping the performance trap (25:45)
- Proper care and feeding of Settlers (26:04)
- Lynn drops a Truth Bomb (26:28)
- The 3-Sentence Rule (27:48)
- Mansplaining (29:50)
- Essential meaningful purpose (30:22)
- Stay in your lane (31:12)
- Rapid fire bonus questions (33:36)
- Has the journey been worth it? (35:13)
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Life Cycle
- Sleep Cycle
- Brave Communication by Dan Farrelly
- Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry, Redding, California
- Stuart Saves His Family
How To Help
Subscribe to the show through iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show. PLEASE USE THE APPLE PODCAST APP!