I’m thinking bigger about my business – and my life — than ever, and you should too.
To put it simply: nothing of great benefit to anyone was ever created as a result of thinking smaller.
“Bigger” may refer to a simple matter of scale in terms of dollars (as in revenue & profits). It may also refer to something even more grand…
Bigger ideas with more leverage. Bigger ways to benefit more people. Bigger opportunities for others (not just for your self or your company). Bigger projects that extend beyond your own lifetime, abilities, talents or resources.
Yes, I’m talking about the life of your business – and also about the business of life.
What do I mean specifically? How am I myself thinking bigger? Here are some of the projects/ideas/intentions on my own drawing board now:
- Growing my own company beyond my “virtual team” and myself.
- Working with larger businesses to leverage my marketing methods for their greater benefit and profit — and my own.
- Creating a way for smaller companies and individuals, who in the past could not afford to work with me, access to my advice and thinking. Making it affordable without draining my time, energy and resources.
- Offering “done for you” services on a wide, duplicable scale.
- Ramping up my bi-weekly podcast to a weekly; perhaps even expansion back to my old roots by placing the show on radio stations.
- Developing training systems for small businesses and entrepreneurs that can be facilitated by certified, territory-specific representatives.
That’s just a smattering of what I’m cooking in the back kitchen at Ray Edwards International, Inc.
The most important thing about all this is not what bigger plans I’m making, it’s about the reasons why.
That’s the real “big thinking”. Some of my reasons why:
- Making the highest and best use of the talents, skills and opportunities God has given me.
- Breaking the spirit of poverty, lack and insufficiency that plagues America (and especially the American church).
- Enabling people to enjoy the freedom that comes from a pursuit of personal wealth based on passion and purpose.
- Creating a business that makes as many other people wealthy as I possibly can.
- Creating a legacy that will last across generations.
- Writing books that my great-grandchildren can read and thus know something about the heart of their great-grandfather (and for the record, I don’t even have grandchildren yet.. let alone great-grandchildren – I’m thinking 100 years into the future!).
Those are reasons that fuel my fire, inspire me, and give me reasons for doing things that mere material gain could never do.
I believe this kind of thinking is the right – the responsibility – of every breathing person.
So how about it? Are you willing to join me in thinking bigger? If so, I’d love to hear how you plan to do it – so lay some wisdom on me in the comments here.