I love my iPad. It’s become nearly as indispensable as my iPhone or Macbook Pro.
And the thing I love most? Apps, of course!
Here are the 5 iPad apps I use the most for my copywriting business, and a word or two about how I use them.
- Mindmeister. This is a simple online mind-mapping app, and it synchronizes with the website of the developer. That means I can create a mind-map on my iPad, and access it later on my MacBook Pro. Mindmeister allows me to export the mind map in different formats, including rich text-ideal for outlining sales copy, white papers, or book chapters. Indispensable.
- OmniFocus. I am an unvarnished fan of David Allen’s GTD methodology for managing one’s time and tasks. This is my app of choice for implementing GTD. It synchronizes with the Omnifocus app on my iPhone and on my MacBook Pro… but the iPad app is my favorite iteration of the software.
- Instapaper. The perfect way to “clip” articles, blog posts, and websites that I want to look at later. I frequently find bits and pieces I want to use for copy projects, and I simply save them to Instapaper. Beautiful.
- Evernote. How do I describe Evernote? It’s my universal notepad, perfect for saving images, business cards, websites, notes (including hand-scribbled ones) and so much more. Try it. You will understand.
- Angry Birds. Hey, what can I say? Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is play.
What about you? What are your most-used iPad apps?
By the way, here’s one more recommendation that is only for copywriters who want more customers, more often, for more money… get on the VIP early-bird list about my upcoming print newsletter.