Would you like to write an article for my blog? Starting today, I am accepting guest posts. I plan to publish approximately one guest post per week.
So how do you get published on my blog? Read on…
My Guest Posting Guidelines
Your post must focus on one of five topics:
To make sure we’re both clear on what the expectations are, here are a few simple guidelines to help you submit your guest post.
- Your post must be your own original work.
- It’s okay if you have previously published the post elsewhere – submit your very best work!
- Generally, your post should be 500 to 800 words, but if it’s a great post I’ll definitely consider other lengths.
- Please read the following before submitting a post: “The 7-Point Template For Better Blog Posts”
- You are encouraged, but not required, to post a brief sample or summary on your own site that links back to the post on my site.
- A really cool thing to do is to create a special customized “About” page that I can link to in your post. Here’s an example of one such page I created when I wrote a guest post for Michael Hyatt.
- Your post must not be blatantly self-promotional, and cannot be an advertisement.
- Your post may include up to three byline links: one for your website, one for your bio or about page, and one for your Twitter username.
- You may not include your own affiliate links, or links to your own products, in the body of your post. You may only include links in your post to independent third-party sites that are extraordinarily relevant to the content of the post itself.
- I do not currently accept advertising on this blog.
- You agree that I may edit your post for punctuation, spelling, grammar, etc. If I make any big changes, I will email the edited post to you before publishing, so that you may approve it. Small changes will not be sent to you for pre-approval.
How to Submit Your Post
If you have read the above guidelines, and your post meets those requirements:
- Please email your posts to me for consideration. Due to the high volume of submissions, it may take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks for you to receive a response.
- Please acknowledge that you will be able to participate in the comments about your post on my blog. This is an absolute requirement. If you cannot commit to this, please wait And submit your post when you are able to engage with my readers.
- Please include information about you and about your own blog: number of RSS subscribers, number of Twitter followers, number of Facebook connections, and number of email subscribers.
- Please include a 1 to 2 sentence byline that explains what you do, along with your blog address and your Twitter and/or Facebook URLs.
- Please include your post in the body of your email. Do not send it as an attachment, and do not include the HTML.
- Posts submitted that do not meet these requirements will not receive a response, and will not be considered for publication.