There are so many ways to make money attending and hosting live workshops. You can host small live events like I’m doing this weekend. Or, you can host large live events, like the seminar we’re putting on next month, The Copywriting Academy Live in Franklin, Tennessee, July 26-29, 2019. RayEdwards.com/tcalive.
Download a free copy of my Live Event Profit Checklist at this link: https://rayedwards.mykajabi.com/pl/89965
If you don’t have your ticket yet, why not?! Go to RayEdwards.com/tcalive to get your tickets. At this seminar, you’ll walk in with a blank page and you walk out with words that create wealth! It’s only $97, but for a limited time ONLY! We will NEVER do this again, so, get it while it’s hot!
The truth is, when you attend live events, if you do it right, you can make it a VERY profitable experience.
These tactics and strategies allow me to make money every time I go to an event. Not as a speaker, not as a host, not selling my products, but as a regular attendee.
Tune in to this week’s show to learn…
- ([6:03]) The #1 surprising reason you should attend live events. HINT: It’s not what you think. It has nothing to do with selling, hyping, or stuffing your business cards into every person’s hand. It’s not even about learning from the host, though that is the #2 reason to attend.
- ([8:54]) The 5 most valuable I.D.E.A.S. at any live event. If you can change your mindset about what occurs at live events, these 5 ideas will make every seminar you attend turn into pregnant gold mines, ready to deliver! But not everyone who hears the call is chosen. Will you apply these ideas and become one of the chosen?
- ([15:40]) Why attending live events can turn dis-courage-ment into rock-solid courage. Something magical happens at live events when you’re around other people like you. It’s the kind of thing you’ll never experience if you stay home and keep to yourself. But if you come and see, if you open your mouth and get interested in others, you can get these kinds of spectacular results.
- ([17:45]) How ancient holy oil and Biblical “setting apart” apply to attending live events—whether you believe in God or not. And if you don’t believe in God but you’ve experienced being swept up by the fury an excited crowd can muster, you’ve witnessed this kind of phenomenon that runs rampant at the live events.
- ([21:20]) How the trap of “familiarity breeds contempt” can destroy your experience at a live event—if you’re not careful. Those who have ears to hear, let them hear.
- ([24:05]) Why being a good student will keep you broke, subservient, frustrated, and deep in debt. “Professional” event attendees can fall victim to one of the MOST potent viruses in the live seminar industry. HINT: this virus breeds on the lie that activity equals accomplishment.
- ([28:17]) How to apply my 3 step method for making money at events. Not by speaking at them. Not by selling products at them. Simply by attending them. What to do before, during, and after the event to extract maximum benefit.
- ([30:35]) What to include on your business card so people actually remember you. If you still use business cards, this is the best way to prepare them. And don’t forget these crucial elements that can make your business card stand out among all the others.
- ([33:39]) The “helpful” secret to following up with people you meet at the conference without being a creep. Don’t follow up like a cheesy salesperson. If you want people to remember you fondly and have a chance of doing business with you, do this instead.
- ([37:30]) The 3 Ps of preparing for any live event. Not thinking about the event “beforehand” is one of the biggest mistakes people make. These 3 Ps will help.
- ([41:38]) The “after conference” calendar secret that turns the insights and ideas you had during the event into solid gold. Forget to-do lists. This is the most effective application method I know of.
- ([43:02]) Why emailing the people you meet at a conference is a terrible idea. Instead of emailing them, do this instead. It’s one of the long lost secrets of building lasting connections that used to be commonplace but is now a very rare and unique form of connection. HINT: the fortune is not in the follow-up. The fortune is in the WAY you follow-up.
Links mentioned on today’s show:
- The Copywriting Academy Live, July 26-28 in Franklin, Tennesse. RayEdwards.com/tcalive
- You’ll walk in with a blank page and you walk out with words that create wealth! It’s only $97, but for a limited time ONLY!
- It’s gonna be a hoot and a half, and a holler!
I’d love to hear from you. Tell me your biggest takeaway from today’s show on Twitter @rayedwards, on Instagram @rayedwards, and on Facebook too.
Today’s show was produced by Kris Edwards with show notes and worksheets by Doug Pew and Juan Lopez.
Until we meet again may you prosper in all things: health. wealth, and wisdom. Now go live your most prosperous life.
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.