This week on the podcast we welcome my good friend Pat Fly, the owner and operator of SmartPassiveIncome.com, the Smart Podcast Player, and the amazing Switch Pod, which is revolutionizing the world of videography and photography. He’s also the best selling author of “Will It Fly” and “Superfans.”
Pat joins Tiffany and I this week to talk about one of his favorite subjects, Podcasting and he believes it is THE best digital way to connect on a deep level with your audience.
Tune in to discover…
- ([2:01]) Why podcasting is the most intimate kind of marketing and how it’s easier to get started than ever.
- ([3:55]) What Google is currently doing to double the number of podcast listeners using their search algorithm, which means you’ll be able to reach more of the right people more often.
- ([5:10]) The generous insult that reminded Pat just how powerful podcasting really is and how it helps your audience feel like they know you personally, which is golden!
- ([7:25]) Why Pat’s strategy for his new book launch flopped and why he chose to be really open about it on his podcast, despite feeling a bit embarrassed.
- ([9:32]) The biggest mistake Pat’s made and the literal tears he shed over it. HINT: it resulted in the loss of thousands of dollars of video equipment.
- ([12:21]) The ONE thing in Pat’s business that has resulted in at least 75% of his success and how he nearly gave up on it way back in 2010.
- ([15:05]) How to share your “vibe” with your tribe in a way that’s exponentially more successful (proven by Pat’s analytics) than even the BEST YouTube videos.
- ([17:22]) What you have to do before you can become a podcasting master which proves that anyone with a message can succeed in this medium.
- ([19:17]) Why podcast listeners are as rabid as Netflix watchers and how you can take advantage of this phenomenon in your business.
- ([22:02]) Why it’s not even CLOSE to being “too late” to get into the podcasting arena. Pat shares the numbers and demonstrates how podcasting is practically still in diapers as a medium with LOTS of room for ANYONE with a message.
- ([25:20]) The best way to start a podcast even if you’re allergic to technology and Pat’s #1 strategy for overcoming the constant burden of content creation.
- ([28:12]) One of the MOST powerful podcasting strategies Pat’s ever used that KICKING BUTT for him right now. Pat uses my own P.A.S.T.O.R. formula to demonstrate the magic of this strategy and how it turns your fans into your best salespeople.
- ([30:55]) Your secret weapon for wielding tremendous impact with your podcast even if you’re not selling anything, and even if you’re 77 years old or 9 years old, like some of Pat’s best clients.
- ([38:17]) An inside view to Pat’s masterful podcast coaching as he walks Tiffany through a series of simple questions to help her discover her “why” as she thinks about starting her own podcast.
- ([41:20]) How to learn all the ins and outs of podcasting directly from Pat and why his students say his methods are the best they’ve ever experienced.
- ([45:00]) How becoming a master of podcasting has helped Pat become a better husband and turn date nights into special, memorable experiences.
Links mentioned on the show:
- Pat Flynn’s “Power Up Podcasting” course, www.RayEdwards.com/pat (full disclosure, this is my affiliate link).
I’d love to hear from you. Tell me your biggest takeaway from today’s show on Twitter @rayedwards, on Instagram @rayedwards, and on Facebook too.
And if you’d like to share your miracles with us, please write in at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear how God is working in your life.
Today’s show was produced by Kris Edwards with show notes and designs by Doug Pew and Juan Lopez.
Until we meet again may you prosper in all things: health, wealth, and wisdom. Now go live your most prosperous life.