Another “deep dive” interview! This episode we chat with Chris Ducker the author of Virtual Freedom. How to Work with Virtual Staff to Buy More Time, Become More Productive, and Build Your Dream Business. Chris certainly “walks his talk”. Of his own “virtual freedom”, he says, “I now work an average of 6-hours a day, my workweek no longer includes Friday and I get to spend lots of time with my wife and three awesome children.”
During this wide-ranging interview, you’ll discover..
- Why going with a smaller publishing company might be the best idea for your book. (04:00)
- How a near-death experience led to Chris’s greatest business epiphany. (05:00)
- How and why Chris started blogging. (06:00)
- The all-important concept of the “Virtual CEO”, and what it means to you. (06:38)
- How Chris completely replaced himself so his business could run without him. (07:00)
- The secret advice Jay Baer gave Chris (that you can use) that caused Chris’s blog numbers to skyrocket. (09:15)
- Should everyone use Periscope? And what are the secrets of successful “scoping”? (11:00)
- The truth about “personal brand” vs. “company brand” – which is best? (14:42)
- Why you should never worry about other people “stealing your ideas” online. (15:30)
- Chris and I share our respect for the warrior-philosopher, Bruce Lee. (27:00)
- The book by Bruce Lee (that’s not about kung fu). (28:00)
- The little-known “origin story” of Youpreneur.com (29:00)
- How Chris managed to get a great domain name (Youpreneur.com) that was already taken. (33:00)
- Why Chris’s podcast is one of my few essential listens. (37:00).
- Is it too late to build a “brand you” business? (38:00)
- The hilarious conversation Chris had with Lewis Howes. (42:00)
- Books Chris recommends some favorite books (44:00)
- An awesome moment during which “The Force Awakens” and we share Star Wars stories. (45:00)
- Chris reveals the bizarre talent he possesses that you’ll be shocked to learn about. (47:00).
- Chris Ducker’s Blog
- The Youpreneur Podcast
- Chris on Twitter
- Chris’s book, Virtual Freedom
- Striking Thoughts, by Bruce Lee
- School of Greatness, by Lewis Howes
- The Automatic Customer, by John Warrillow
How To Help
Subscribe to the show in iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will definitely mention you on this show.
We are also on Stitcher.com, so if you prefer Stitcher, please subscribe there.
Get The Transcript