Are you an entrepreneur who wants to change the world, but struggles with how to do well and also do good? I know how that feels. And I can assure you…
- If you want to start your own business from scratch, or just grow the business you already have…
- If you are a believer, and a follower of Jesus… or even if you just consider yourself “spiritual, but not religious”…
- And especially if you long to reconcile your desire for prosperity with your desire to have a positive impact on the world…
…then you’ve arrived at the perfect place, and this site is for you.
My name is Ray Edwards, and I help “believing achievers” start, run, and grow their Internet based businesses. If that’s you, this means you can have more joy, experience more passion, and achieve prosperity with purpose.
I’ve had the honor and privilege of working as a communications strategist and copywriter for some of the most powerful voices in leadership and business. Some of my clients include New York Times best-selling authors Tony Robbins (author of Awaken the Giant Within and Money: Master the Game, Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen (co-authors of Chicken Soup For the Soul), Jeff Walker (author of Launch), and many more.
I’ve also written and published several books, including:
- Writing Riches. This is my definitive guide to writing persuasive web copy that sells your products and services. This book was an Amazon #1 Best-Seller when it was released.
- Just Get Started: Tips For Starting, Running, & Growing Your Online Business. Sometimes the biggest obstacle between you and your successful business if just getting started. This book helps you get past that obstacle.
- MoneyWords: Easy-To-Use Copywriting & Marketing Secrets That Help You Sell More. This is a collection of quick-to-implement tactics anyone can use to get more customers, spending more money, more often.
Marketing campaigns I’ve written and/or directed have generated an estimated $100 million in sales. Before you ask me for a loan, I should tell you I didn’t get to keep most of that $100 million, because the bulk of that revenue went right into the pockets of my clients; that’s the main reason I don’t do very much one-on-one client work these days. I help a lot more people, and have a bigger impact, by putting my knowledge and experience into digital form and distributing it on the Internet (some for free, some for payment).
There’s an important business lesson for you in that last paragraph.
I Run a “Lifestyle Business”, And You Can Too
I’m incredibly lucky. I have what’s often called a “Lifestyle Business”, which means I thought about what kind of life I wanted before I decided what kind of business I wanted. Either you control the business, or the business controls you – and I assure you the decision is yours to make.
I run my business with a tiny staff (just me, my wife Lynn, and my brilliant son Sean Edwards, plus a few virtual assistants). We make a very comfortable income. We have a business that is completely aligned with our values as followers of Christ, and we get to make a positive impact on the world around us.
I’m married to the incredibly beautiful and outrageously fun Lynn Edwards. We love dogs, and have two Pugs (Bobby Shaftoe, who is named after a character from one of my favorite novels, and Princess Buttercup, who is named after a character from one of my favorite movies).
We live in the Inland Northwest region of the United States (the home of Microsoft, Starbucks, and Sasquatch).
3 Ways I Can Help You for Free
If you’re reading this, chances are you’re new here. I believe the best way to start a new relationship is by giving. That’s why on this site I give away an incredible amount of free, useful content. Here are the three most popular ways that I can help you, all of which are 100% free.
- Subscribe to my top-rated podcast, “The Ray Edwards Show”. I produce this show every single week, without fail (so far) and I work hard to include useful teaching, interviews, and training that will help you achieve your goals in business and in life.
- Read the posts on this site. I have written hundreds of different articles on all aspects of starting, running, and growing an Internet based business. All of these articles are available absolutely free on this site.
- Get my free training video, “Three Keys To Changing the World and Watching Your Business Grow”. This core training will help you understand my approach to integrating the life of the spirit with your aspirations for business and economic success. Or, as Dave Ramsey puts it: “handling God’s money in God’s way.” Even if you’re not Christian, I believe you will benefit from this training: the core principles are applicable to matter what spiritual background you come from.
You get all three of these benefits when you sign up for my newsletter. You receive an update every time we post a new article to the blog, publish a new podcast, or make a new training resource available. Until we get the new video posted, we’re giving away some free “Copywriting Cheatsheets” with your subscription to the newsletter… just fill out the form below to claim yours now.
My Top Posts
You might enjoy reading some of my most popular posts:
- The True Secret of Success
- Quit Working So Hard & Get More Done
- The Customer is Not Always Right
- 7 Stupid Ways to Define Success
- How I Work Each Day As a Writer
- How to Write a Blog Post Every Day
- Postcard Profits
- Triple Your Productivity Instantly
- Write A Book In 7 Days
- The Simple 4-Legged Stool of Internet Marketing
- Is Marketing Evil?
You can also get all the back episodes of my Internet Business Podcast here.