I've heard from a few folks that there might have been a hiccup in my podcast feed. One person asked me, “Why have you stopped making new episodes?” This makes me sad.
I just published episode 145, and we haven't missed an episode in 145 weeks running (since we started).
I don't know why some people seem to be missing new episodes in their podcast app. In a moment, I'll explain how to fix this. But first, let's get you caught up…
In this video, one of my copywriting clients (Frank Kern) interviews another of my copywriting clients (Tony Robbins). Some truly great insights in this video, and it's all to promote Tony's new book, Money: Master The Game | 7 Simple Steps To Financial Freedom.
For a short time, you can receive Tony's book for almost free – it will retail for $28, but if you pay the $6.95 shipping fee, he'll send you the book for free.
Here's the fine print: “All of the author’s profits of this book have been donated in advance by the author, which in conjunction with an additional personal donation, will feed 50 million meals to people in need this year.” Pretty cool, right? Click here to see if any free books are still available.
I am no longer accepting one-one-one clients for copywriting or coaching work. The reason why is because my own business is growing so rapidly I have no time to work on someone else's.
My focus these days is on writing, speaking, and developing scalable training programs (for instance, video training products.) I could never serve as many people if I limited my work to one-on-one copywriting and consulting.
But there is a downside: and that is, there are many people who need my help… who ask for my help… and for whom I have no answer.
Here are ways you can get free advice and information from me. In other words, here's how you can “pick my brain”…
- On my blog I write about a variety of topics related to business, entrepreneurship, marketing, copywriting, and more. There are hundreds of pages of articles, and how-to information. It's all free.
- Every week I publish some of my best thinking in the form of a podcast – a weekly online radio show. We haven't missed a show in 116 weeks running, as I write these words. This is also free.
- I offer a variety of “knowledge products” – books, audio programs, video programs, and courses. In these “knowledge products”, I distill the information I would share if we were working one-on-one and hand it to you on a silver platter. The advantage: you can get what you need, and it's just as easy for me to teach 10,000 people this way as it is to teach 1 person. Scalable.
These three solutions have been helpful to many. But recently I had a new idea. What if you could…
Ask Your Question, And I Will Answer
Ask whatever burning question is on your mind, be it about business, writing, or even spiritual matters. Submit the question… and I will answer it here on the blog.
You get to “pick my brain”, and I get to share the answers with all my readers. This means that all my readers can benefit and learn from my answers, not jut one reader.
A few ground-rules…
- If I think your question is irrelevant, malicious, or weird, I won't answer it. I won't explain why I won't answer it. And I won't argue with you about it. Life's too short for either of us to waste it that way.
- My answers are my opinion. I'm just some guy on the internet. So take everything I say with a grain of salt, do your own research, and take responsibility for your own decisions.
- I don't offer any legal, medical, or financial advice. I only offer my opinion. If you need advice about legal, accounting, medical, or financial matters, go see a professional.
- Ask questions, but please don't write me a story. A question is a single sentence that ends with a question mark. Please limit yourself to a single question. Don't write out your complete background story before asking your question.
- Please don't email us to ask “Where's my answer?” We will not be able to respond to communications inquiring about if/when we will answer a certain question.
That's about it. Go ahead and submit your question in the form below. And start “picking my brain.”
I recently mentioned on my podcast that I fit all my electronic gear into a single carry-on bag for airline travel. I got a lot of questions about how I do that… so I grabbed my Google Glass, and in this video show you my packing system. You get to see everything in my bag.
I place a high value on reading. Leaders tend to be readers. Mark Twain said, “A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read.” Below is my recommended reading list. These are some of the books I read and recommend.
I say some of the books I recommend, because I estimate the number of books I have read to be in the thousands. There are many fine books that I have not yet added to this list, but I will be expanding it in the days to come. This should at least get you started.