7 book recommendations that might be a little off the beaten path…
- Words That Work, Dr. Frank Luntz. Brilliant on at least 3 different levels.
- Celebration of Discipline, Richard Foster. To avoid being the man who built his house on sand.
- 2o Master Plots, Ronald B. Tobias. If you think fiction has nothing to do with marketing… well, you're not thinkin' very hard, sunshine. I'm not encouraging lies, either; I'm pointing you to the power of stories. This book shows how they're built.
- Presentation Zen, Garr Reynolds. Simply rocks. Do NOT give a Powerpoint or Keynote presentation until you've read it.
- The Little Guide to Your Well-Read Life, Steve Leveen. The best marketing book I know of that shines more by example than by its overt message. Them that have an ear, let them hear.
- The Book of Proverbs, King Solomon. It's a best-seller – for a really, really long time.
- The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand. I don't agree with Rand's militant Atheism, but find her philosophy of economics to be sound.