Every now and then, daring and crazy ideas occur to me. I think these ideas might hold the key to changing how you see the world, to realizing the things we think are most important (based on how much of our time we spend doing them) can really be lived without.
Here are some of my crazier ideas, for anyone willing to try:
- Cancel your cell phone.
- Delete your e-mail account.
- Cancel your cable television.
- Kill your actual television, now that I'm thinking about it.
- Shift your sleep cycle forward six hours.
- Stop reading the news.
- Go visit someone new every day.
- Talk to strangers.
- Write down everything you assume is true, and then ask yourself: is it really?
- Don't eat any food that comes in a box, a bag, or that is handed to you through a window.
Hey, I told you they were crazy. If you are brave enough to give any of these a try, I'd love to hear how it goes.