Write an ebook.
I know a lot of people will tell you “ebooks are dead”. To paraphrase Rick Blaine from the film Casablanca, they are misinformed.
That alone ought to put the old “ebooks are dead” rumor to rest once and for all.
Why write an ebook?
- Authors get listened to. Because they’re authors, that’s why.
- Your idea has more perceived value if it's in an ebook than a “mere” blog post or article.
- Ebooks are easy for people to spread – which makes your idea easy to spread.
About 10 years ago, Seth Godin made an indelible impression on the web by writing an ebook and giving it away. His premise was that free ideas spread faster than expensive ones. He was (and still is) right.
Seth eventually created the site ChangeThis as a platform for ebook authors – but you don’t have to use his platform. You can do this all on your own (if you want to).
Here are the steps:
- Write your ebook. (Here is a Squidoo Lens on How to Write an Ebook).
- Make sure you know how NOT to write a book.
- Finish your book.
- Give away as many copies as you can.
- Find ways to encourage others to share it. (One way is to ask them: “Please share this with as many people as you can.”)
Now. Get to work.