The best and easiest way to create a stream of recurring income on the Internet is to start your own paid membership site.
What is a membership site? It is any site that contains material that can only be accessed by paying members.
I have created a video tutorial, which shows you everything you need to know to set up your own membership site. It's a complete, click-by-click set of instructions.
This tutorial will show you how to set up your own membership site, complete with an automated system that takes payments, issues passwords, checks to see if members are paid up, and manages all of your content. Your new site will do all of this automatically, without any help from you. You can even be asleep, and your membership site will be working for you in the background.
By watching this tutorial, you will be able to set your first site up in less than an hour, and you don't need any technical knowledge to do it. Let's get started.
What You Will Need
You will need the following things to be able to complete this project:
- Your computer and an Internet connection
- A credit card
- At least one hour of uninterrupted time (it may take a little longer than an hour if this is your very first time doing something like this)
10-Step Membership Site Set-up Checklist
- Register your domain name and set up a hosting account at BlueHost. Don't use a domain name you already registered; register a new one through BlueHost (it's easier, quicker, and you get the domain name for free!)
- Install WordPress on your domain name. Log into your BlueHost Control Panel (“CPanel”), and use the button for WordPress under “Site Builders” section..
- Once you have WordPress setup, log into your WordPress account.
- Make your first post.
- If you don't have a PayPal account, sign up for one now. This is the quickest and easiest way to start taking payments (including credit cards) over the web.
- Purchase a license for WishList Member. This is the software that will run your membership site.
- Install the WishList plug-in on your WordPress site. Follow the WishList tutorials to set up the plug-in.
- Set up your first membership level using WishList.
- Join the WishList Insider membership community. This is the number one place on the Internet to get support as a membership site owner. It is also incredibly cheap.
- Customize your site, by choosing a premium WordPress theme like the ones from iThemes… and plug-ins that will give your site more functionality.
”This is a fantastic screencast on how to setup a membership site in 1 hour – https://rayedwards.com/membership-site-tutorial/” Click To Tweet
If you found this post helpful, please share it with your friends.