What is the #1 thing you believe would benefit your blog or online business the most? The one thing that, if you could get it, would change your business (and your life)? Most people answer, “More traffic.”
That’s the wrong answer. Worse than wrong: that’s a dangerous answer. One that can gut your business. Why? That’s what the rest of this article is about.
The correct answer is: “More of the right traffic.” The right traffic is made up of visitors who are:
- Interested in your topic or message.
- Actively seeking what you have for sale.
- Willing to spend money on the kind of thing you have for sale.
Imagine that tomorrow you get a giant wave of traffic to your website.
100,000 people visit your site in the next 24 hours.
Wouldn't that be fantastic? Maybe, maybe not.
Why The Wrong Traffic Is Worse Than No Traffic
“What harm could it do if it's not the ideal traffic?” you may ask. “Traffic is traffic. Some traffic, even the wrong traffic, is better than no traffic at all.”
Huge waves of traffic that doesn’t meet the three criteria above (interested, seeking what you have, willing to spend money) can cost you bandwidth, time and revenue. For instance, if your staff is flooded with contentious cranks who simply want to complain or who don’t understand what you offer or what you do, that's not just no response. It's negative response. It's response that costs you money.
And there are deeper, more dangerous potential hazards of getting the wrong traffic:
- Low sales conversions may prompt you to make marketing or copy changes that do not appeal to your buyers – because you are busy trying to please the tire-kickers.
- You might waste lots of time and money working on new offers, new layouts, new prices… when what you really need is a new audience.
- Worst of all, you might be lured by the siren call of just buying more of the same traffic, thinking it's a “numbers game”. And then you're just throwing good money after bad, all the while fishing in completely the wrong pond.
The Right Traffic Makes All the Difference
On the other hand, a small bump of 1,000 of the right visitors could bring you significant revenue.
If those visitors are keenly interested in your topic, seeking the kind of solution you offer, and are willing to spend money to solve their problems… you could find your list growing significantly, and a flood of sales coming through your merchant account.
This is a fairly simplistic example, but I think you see the difference. You don't need more traffic. You need more of the right traffic.
The big question is: how do you get more of the right traffic?
My current best answer is: Facebook Advertising.
Here's Why Facebook Ads Are Your Best Bet
There are 3 reasons why Facebook Advertising is the best way to generate more of the right traffic:
- It’s reliable traffic. Once you set up your Facebook Ads account and get your ad approved, you control how much traffic you receive and when. You don’t have to rely on a JV Partner or affiliate to keep their promise to mail for you. You don’t have to just “hope” your SEO works and people start showing up. With Facebook, you post your ad, click the “activate” button, and voilà – traffic!
- It’s affordable traffic. You decide how much you want to spend. You get to make up your own definition of what is “affordable.” You can start out with a budget of just $5 or $10 per day, and play it safe until you’re certain your ads are working. Then, when your conversions are solid, you can scale up your budget (and your traffic) as much as you want.
- It's the “right” traffic. It’s easy to target your audience with laser-like precision. This is the magic. By setting up your Facebook ads properly, you can get exactly the right people to visit your site. You can specify gender, age range, education, things they like…. basically you can get as “dialed in” as narrowly as you want. This is an amazing opportunity for the small business owner or solo entrepreneur.
Imagine being able to invest $10 Facebook Ads, and get $100 back in sales.
Imagine being able to “scale” that up, and spend $1,000 on ads ad get back $10,000 in sales. That’s entirely possible.
But wait – before you rush out and fire up a Facebook Ad campaign, be warned: this can backfire if you do it wrong.
You can’t just run ads. You need a system for handling the traffic – even the “right” traffic. You need a Social Media Marketing System.
Where do you get such a system? I recommend getting it the same place we got ours – from Amy Porterfield. That’s why I’ve asked Amy to teach a free Masterclass for my readers, tomorrow (Tuesday, May 19th, at 5pm Eastern.)
Here’s What We Will Cover On This Masterclass
Amy has promised me she will be teaching the following on tomorrow night's Masterclass…
- How to create a personalized 7-step Marketing System that will attract your ideal audience, grow your email list and sell more of your products, programs and services.
- Discover the Facebook secrets to narrow down your search on Facebook and discover your “Perfect Customer” profile – those Facebook users who are highly likely to become your next happy, PAYING customers.
- You will also learn how to create a quick and easy list building funnel to grow your email list (Amy will show you how to turn $50 into $200+ DAILY.)
- Learn the quickest way to turn a new Facebook lead into a paying customer – while putting the entire strategy on AUTOPILOT. (You can make money on Facebook and Amy will show you how.)
- This special training is for YOU if you want to finally create a plan that will produce REAL RESULTS for your business.
Let me be clear: I think the smartest way to get the right traffic is to buy it, on Facebook. And the smartest person I know when it comes to setting up a marketing system using Facebook… is Amy Porterfield.
Join us for this free Masterclass, and start getting as much of the right traffic as you can handle.