Having a “million-dollar idea” may not have quite the punch it had in decades passed, but that million-dollar milestone is alive and well. I mean, seven figures is a champagne-worthy occasion for most of us (the kind with a real cork), but realistically, how many of us can actually get there? What does it take to make a million bucks? That's what I'm talking about in this week's episode.
Here's the nutshell version: Decide what you want your life to be, structure your business around THAT (doing it in reverse, building your life around your job, will likely yield unwanted results.) Once you have a clear vision, select a mentor that can get you there. For the record, yes, I am one such mentor, but there are many. Choose someone whose style resonates with your vision…but choose someone. Could I have made it without a mentor? Maybe…But I know my revenue would be nowhere near what it is today had I skimped on that part of the equation. Mentors provide speed, accuracy, and safety. A good one will lead you down the path that they themselves have already blazed…Avoiding costly pitfalls along the way.
- [02:07] There are great opportunities right now…what do you do about it?
- [04:02] Who do you listen to?
- [05:15] The Great Reawakening
- [09:05] What makes a copywriter stand out
- [13:00] Your first client
- [14:08] I know it's possible
- [15:40] Where to start
- [16:07] Who are you, and why are you here?
- [16:43] Who do you serve best?
- [18:05] Building your platform
- [19:26] Measuring your platform
- [21:17] The invisible list
- [23:03] Making contact
- [24:11] Deepening the relationship
- [26:29] Starting price
- [31:46] About the Academy
- [36:23] The customers your want
- [37:35] Number one homework assignment
- [38:39] What does your business do?
- [38:51] Choose a model
- [39:42] Get a mentor
https://app.mediakits.com/rayedwards – This site is a great tool to get an overview of your platform. You can check out mine at the link provided, and then create your own.
How You Can Help
Subscribe to the show in iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will definitely mention you on this show. We are also on Stitcher.com, so if you prefer Stitcher, please subscribe there.
Visit Ray's community on Facebook – This is a friendly group of writers, entrepreneurs, and coaches who share ideas and helpful advice.