When I am interviewed, one question that comes up regularly is: “Ray, if you are starting your business today how would you do it?” I think the implication is things are different today than when I started, and thus a different approach is required. But is that true? In this week's episode I'll answer the question, how would I start over today?
Conferences where I will be attending and/or speaking:
- JV Alert, July 26-28
- NAMS Conference, August 9-11
- SCORRE Conference, October 14-17
- Platform Conference, November 3-5
Want To Be On Next Week's Show?
My topic for next week's show is “How To Get Clarity And Focus”. If you have a question on that topic, you can ask by visiting my voicemail page (just click here to leave a message). This is a great way to promote your own website. First, make sure you have a great question, and then start off by saying your name and your website. If your question is used on the show, we will even include a link back to your site in the show notes.
Do you have an idea for a podcast you would like to hear? Do you have a question that you like to ask me? Please contact me.
Call in your questions or comments to our new, fancy “request line” at (509) 713-2679 or click here to leave a message on my Voicemail Page
Tip Of The Week
Changing things up a bit, this week's Tip of the week is actually a hat tip to three of my favorite podcasts.
Lifestyle Business Segment
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.”
2 Corinthians [5:17]
Who are you, and why are you here? These are big questions, but the answers are vital to building a sustainable business on a firm foundation.
- You are a child of God.
- You are here to establish his will “on earth, as it is in heaven.”
- Once you are in submission to the great commission, you can understand your mission.
Feature Segment: How I Would Start Over Today
- Discover my own unique ability.
- Find the intersection of my unique ability, the desires of my marketplace, and what they're willing to pay for.
- Build a platform and a listening station.
- Create a unique solution for an identifiable group of people with money.
- Build a marketing system to bring that offer to my people.
Question: how would you start over today? What questions do you have about starting up for the first time? Click here to leave your comments.