Two years ago this week, I did the very first episode of this podcast. I didn't realize I was making a commitment to cranking out show every week, but that's what happened. It hasn't always been easy.
In this episode, I am taking some time to review the lessons I've learned after doing 104 episodes, week after week. I will also talk about a very important decision I've made-whether to continue doing the show or not. Also coming up…
- The best way to get clean audio recordings of your speeches on your iPhone.
- Stu McLaren with the Lifestyle Business Report.
- A free video training series for you.
- Now let's get on with it…
- Thanks to all who have left a review of the Ray Edwards Show in iTunes. Including Noble Crawford, Kim Tester, and “Chef52”!
- For more info about the one-day mastermind with me and 11 other people, where we make radical progress in your business… is on. Click this link to make your deposit and application.
Conferences where I will be attending and/or speaking:
- Social Media Marketing World, March 26-28, 2014, San Diego, CA
- SCORRE Conference May 5-8, Orlando, FL
Tip Of The Week
The Rode Smartlav Lavalier Microphone for iPhone and Smartphones is a professional-grade wearable microphone designed for use in a wide range of film, television and broadcast scenarios, or wherever professional quality audio is required in a discreet, portable format without the complication and expense of additional wireless equipment.
Lifestyle Business Segment
With Stu McLaren
Free Video Training Series
This FREE training video has nothing for sale. I just show you how to turn your knowledge and experience into products people buy. This video includes…
- The 7 Levels of Content. Why most people who create Knowledge Products get stuck at Level 5, and how you can become un-duplicatable by moving to levels 6 and 7.
- The Ultimate Content Outline. This simple outline helps you create any piece of content (email, blog post, video, book, etc) and know exactly what to say.
- How to know what your “topic” should be. Decide with clarity what topic you are going to focus on.
Click here to get full access to all three training videos.
Whether we like it or not, God provides for all the things that we need. How do we know this? And how do we gain access to it?
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?[a] 28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Feature Segment: What I Learned From 2 Years of Doing This Podcast
For two years-24 months-I have been doing this show every single week. I have learned a lot of lessons along the way. Here are 24 of the most important lessons I learned, one for each month that I've been doing the show.
- Prior preparation prevents poor performance.
- Perfectionism is the mask procrastination wears to hide fear.
- The harvest never comes before tilling, planting, and cultivating.
- It is better to give than to receive, yet giving often results in receiving.
- The human voice is the most intimate of all communication media.
- The power of the podcast for business has been greatly undersold.
- Discipline means doing what needs to be done, even when you don't feel like doing it.
- Experience is the best teacher, and often the most expensive one; the highest leverage teaching is other people's experience.
- You have not because you ask not.
- Every project seems to reach the pinnacle of difficulty right before the point of breakthrough.
- Your commitment to excellence is reflected in what you ship.
- Mistakes in business can be setbacks, but are seldom fatal.
- Every adversity contains within it the seed for an equal or greater benefit.
- The warrior trains for battle, but the victory is the Lords.
- It's okay to switch horses, especially if the one you are riding is tired.
- Successful people see problems as challenges to be overcome; unsuccessful people see problems as an excuse to quit.
- One of the most valuable things you can learn is how to gracefully say no.
- You will either pour most of your efforts into building your own dream, or inevitably pour them into building someone else's.
- If you are not investing in your own education and program of improvement, you have decided to stop growing.
- Most people are the average of the five people they spend the most time with.
- You can use the power of the peer group to raise your level of performance and manifestation-you simply choose your peer group intentionally.
- Your own tongue contains the power of life and death over you, your family, and your business.
- The reason showing up is 90% of the battle is that most people simply failed to do it.
- The most powerful skill you can master is the practice of presence.
Will I continue the show?
What To Do Now
If you enjoy the podcast, I would consider it a great favor if you subscribe (and leave a review) in iTunes. This helps new people discover the show. You can also find the podcast on Stitcher.
Question: What will you get done this week as a result of this podcast? Click here to leave your comments.