We are busy. Too busy, it seems; if I ask ten friends what their biggest challenge is, five will answer with some variation of, “I'm just too busy.”
In this episode I will share 10 specific tactics to help un-busy yourself.
Tip of the Week:
My favorite new meeting tool is Zoom.us. I like it better than Skype or GoToMeeting for the following reasons:
- Smoother video streaming.
- Ease of use.
- Simple screen sharing.
- Easy recordings.
- Less expensive than other alternatives.
Should we be working harder to be better Christians? No. All our “working” and striving will only make us feel guiltier and dirtier than before we started.
…you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.” 1 Cor 1:30
Your righteousness is not measured by what you do or don't do; it is measured by what Jesus already did.
Feature Presentation: Ten Ways To Un-Busy Yourself This Week
We are too busy. We need to slow down, so we can get more meaningful work done. Here are 10 specific tactics to help un-busy yourself.
- Start work an hour later.
- Quit work an hour earlier.
- Don't take any lunch meetings.
- Work four days instead of five this week.
- Don't take any incoming phone calls.
- Eliminate all shopping (online and offline).
- Stop watching TV, listening to the radio, and reading the newspaper.
- Meditate twice a day.
- Cancel all recurring meetings.
- Cancel all social and volunteer activities.
Even picking a few of these ten will free up space in your mind, help you get more centered, and perhaps bring you a renewed sense of peace, power, and purpose.
Next Week: Five Destructive Habits That Will Wreck Your Life
Get The Transcript
Question: Which un-busying practices will you adopt this week? Click here to leave your comments.