No matter how bad things get, there are almost always things you can do to improve yourself and your situation. This week, I'm giving you 14, easy to understand rules that will help you do exactly that.
Disclaimer: “Easy to understand” doesn't always mean easy to follow, but my belief is that if you make the effort, you will be rewarded. If you attempt some or all of these rules, I would love to hear about your results. How has your life changed? I will read and respond to every comment, so please share.
- [00:00] Intro – Let's define success
- [02:19] 14 Rules for Success in Tough Times
- [02:26] Commit to mastery of the most important skill: clear persuasive Communication (with self, then others)
- [04:25] Let your word be your bond
- [05:29] Don’t take anything personally
- [07:25] Don’t assume anything
- [10:27] Always do your best
- [11:14] Be skeptical, but listen and stay curious. Ask specific questions
- [14:13] Ask yourself daily “Is this who I really want to be?”
- [15:25] Eliminate small discomforts before they become too large to eliminate
- [16:10] Spend the most possible time with people who hold you to a higher standard
- [21:36] Ruthlessly avoid Time Vampires (and Emotional Vampires)
- [24:54] Remember you have EXACTLY what you’re willing to TOLERATE
- [26:55] Be certain that profound change CAN happen in an instant
- [28:12] Keep in mind the obstacle is not IN the way, the obstacle IS the way
- [29:39] Remember you are one decision away from changing your entire life
- [31:16] How to master rule number 1
The Copy Academy – We put six figures on the books last month. Visit The Copy Academy to see exactly what we did. Not many people out there willing to share the real numbers, so take advantage while you can!
The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
How You Can Help
Subscribe to the show in iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will definitely mention you on this show. We are also on Stitcher.com, so if you prefer Stitcher, please subscribe there.
Visit Ray's community on Facebook – This is a friendly group of writers, entrepreneurs, and coaches who share ideas and helpful advice.
Get The Transcript