Can you be persuasive without being manipulative? Is there a difference between the two? And should you even care?
In today's episode, we tackle these questions and more.
Positioning and Self-Promotion In the Kingdom
“Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; someone else, and not your own lips.”
– Proverbs 27:2
3 Revelations That Precede Elevated Positioning
• Apart from Him, we can do nothing. ““I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.” John 15:5
• No agenda is more important than His will on earth, as it is in Heaven. “Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.” John [17:17]-18
• Becoming who God sees you as involves a process of being “transformed” by the renewing of your mind. “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” Romans 12:2
Tip of the Week
- 3,000 pros in San Diego
- Top Pros: Guy Kawasaki, Jay Baer, Mike Stelzner, Amy Porterfield,Pat Flynn, Michael Hyatt, Dan Miller, Michael Port, Cliff Ravenscraft, Chris Brogan… and yours truly.
- Networking party onboard the USS Midway
- Lots of learning sessions, including a copywriting for social media workshop!
Feature Segment: The Power of Persuasion Without Manipulation
- Educate. First you, and then your clients.
- Think. First for them, then with them.
- Help. Help them see the problem, and help them see the cost of not solving it.
- Investigate. With integrity, investigate if and how you can help them.
- Choice. Honestly present their choices (including “do nothing”.)
- Seal the deal. Or Send them on their way!
How to Put E.T.H.I.C.S. to Work In Your Selling Process
- Keep the framework in front of you.
- Write out what parts of your selling processes are not “E.T.H.I.C.S.” driven.
- Put yourself in their shoes & change your approach.
How To Help
Subscribe to the show in iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will definitely mention you on this show.
We are also on Stitcher.com, so if you prefer Stitcher, please subscribe there.