So here's the deal…you have a podcast and now you need listeners. By now you’ve discovered that it takes more than putting your show up on iTunes and expecting subscribers to just come out of the woodwork and become raving fans.
One of the easiest ways to get those listeners is to have Apple, Google, Overcast, Stitcher, and other giant media platforms send you listeners for free…listeners who want EXACTLY what you have to offer on your show.
This week my guest Daniel J. Lewis is going to show you exactly how to do that very thing.
Click here to download or listen to this episode now.
Peace Is a Weapon
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7)
Fear is the enemy of faith. Fear is slavery, the Un-Maker, the Adversary, and the Resistance. Fear wants us to live in bondage to the past (guilt and shame) and even the future (depression and anxiety) – but God wants us to live in the freedom of His love and power in the present.
Paul wrote, “For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, ‘Abba, Father.'” (Romans 8:15)
To be the person God calls us to be, we must conquer fear. But what weapon can empower us to do that? This is a spiritual battle, and it can only be won with spiritual weapons.
Peace is the weapon that defeats fear.Peace is the weapon that defeats fear. Click To Tweet
Jesus told His followers, “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
The apostle Paul told the persecuted Christians in Rome, “The God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly.” (Romans 16:20) The peace of God is our weapon against fear and Satan.
Before going to the cross, Jesus told His disciples, “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” (John 14:27).
Fear is a natural response to adversity. Peace is the supernatural response that God gives us by His grace.
Just as Jesus has authority over the wind and waves, He has authority over the storms in our lives. He has authority over our doubts, fears, and shame.
“…as He is, so are we in this world.” (1 John 4:17)
And Jesus is now “seated … in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.” (Ephesians 1:20-23)
Doubts, depression, anxiety, fear, and shame are the weapons of the Great Enemy.
Take hold of the peace God has already provided for you today.Take hold of the peace God has already provided for you today.Click To Tweet
Tip of the Week
I've been doing a lot of photography and post-photographic processing of late. And I just rediscovered something that's been around for a while…Adobe Lightroom for mobile.
It allows you to access, edit, organize, and share photos on your iPad, iPhone, or Android device.
Changes sync seamlessly, so updates are available from the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC desktop app, or from your Lightroom account on the web.
Note: Syncing to Lightroom CC on the desktop and the web requires a Lightroom CC trial or a paid Adobe Creative Cloud membership.
Feature Presentation: “How To Get Free Podcast Listeners From Apple and Other Media Giants: An interview with Daniel J. Lewis “
As an award-winning podcaster, Daniel J. Lewis helps others share their passions and find success by improving their own podcasts.
Daniel is a sought-after keynote speaker on podcasting and social media, and he hosts a network of award-nominated shows covering how to podcast, clean comedy, and the #1 unofficial podcast for ABC's hit drama “Once Upon a Time.”
He also writes about technology, productivity, and entrepreneurship on his personal blog.
Here are some snippets from our conversation:
- The most intimate medium – How podcasting literally allows you to get inside people’s heads (9:52)
- How do you know that? – The not-so-secret way to create community with your podcast (10:57)
- Sandpaper on the ears – If you want to have a successful podcast, never do these things (12:03)
- The sound of silence – How to interview a podcast guest without irritating them (14:30)
- The SEO puzzle – How to get the right content in front of the right people at the right time (15:49)
- The strategy behind SEO – The hidden way to create high quality, consumable content that draws listeners like a magnet (19:01)
- Search engines are creepy – Why your ranking in the search engines improves by being of greater service to your audience (20:32)
- I wouldn’t do that if I were you – The lazy person’s guide to bad show notes (21:35)
- Kissing cousins – Why treating your podcast like a blog can be the key to attracting new subscribers (22:50)
- It’s all in the name – Why understanding copywriting can make your podcast stand out and lead the field (23:29)
- Dude, where’s my audience? – How to leverage media giants to attract listeners for free (30:15)
- Even LeBron James has a coach – Why “airchecks” are a valuable tool for podcasters, and where to go to get one (33:15)
- Quantum leap podcasting – The fastest way to get your listeners the information they want most (37:30)
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Adobe Lightroom for mobile
- The Ramen Noodle Clean Comedy Podcast
- The Audacity to Podcast
- The Once Podcast
- SEO for Podcasters
- My Podcast Reviews
- Podcasters Society
- Daniel J. Lewis Blog
- Free SEO Podcast Cheat Sheet
How To Help
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.