Most people have heard of a mastermind, but they don’t truly understand the power masterminds produce or how to correctly participate in one.
Even fewer people know the five reasons you need a mastermind…that and more will be revealed in this week’s episode.
Click here to download or listen to this episode now.
Peter Drucker is famous for asking these two questions: “What business are you in?” and, “How's business?”
Business is good.
I’m not talking about having more customers or how fat your bottom line is…I mean business is morally good.
Business is not morally neutral…it is inherently good.
If you read through the Gospels, you'll notice that Jesus uses business and wealth as a method for teaching the principles of the Kingdom to His followers more than He uses any other subject.Jesus said He was about His Father’s business, not His Father’s ministry.Click To Tweet
In this episode we’re going to show you what it really means to be about your Father’s business.
Tip of the Week
Before I can serve my business, I have to serve you…my audience. I have to produce valuable content that you find interesting and valuable, and that’s exactly what I’m doing on my YouTube channel.
There's a ton of great content there and more to come. What would be awesome is if you subscribe to the channel. When you subscribe, you'll see a little bell icon. You want to click on that. That way you'll get a notification when I put out a new video. I welcome you to leave comments there and let me know what other stuff you'd like to hear about or see on that channel.
I want to give a shout out to my new friend, Nick Nimmin. I watched his stuff for quite some time and decided, “I want to engage this guy to help me grow our channel,” so I did. I brought him in to do a little coaching and consulting, and he's really been helpful. If you are interested in building a YouTube channel, definitely check out Nick's channel.
Feature Presentation: “5 Reasons You Need A Mastermind”
A little over a week ago, we hosted our affiliate mastermind meeting in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, at the Coeur d'Alene Resort. This was a meeting of our top affiliate partners from our launch of the Copywriting Academy earlier this year and it included:
- Mike Kim: Branding Strategist Extraordinaire
- John Nemo: LinkedIn Expert
- Mark Timm: Leader of Ziglar Family
- Ernie Svenson: Master of Paperless Productivity
- Jeff Bullas: The World’s #1 Business Blogger
Why am I telling you about our affiliate mastermind? Because it really underlined for me the value of mastermind meetings.
Here are the Five Reasons You Need A Mastermind:
Here are some snippets from our conversation:
- The brilliance of mutual benefit – What a mastermind actually is and how it harnesses the power of the third mind (15:40)
- Speaking their language – The surprising ancient origins of the mastermind…you’ve never heard this before (16:35)
- You’re inside the bottle – Why you need others to help you avoid pitfalls caused by your blind spots (18:51)
- I can see clearly now – How you can ignite the fuel of ambition in your life and business (20:19)
- Many hands make light work – How working together makes your yoke easy and your burden light (22:16)
- Brutal compassion – Why vulnerability and the creation of a “safe space” lead to answers you would never find on your own (22:37)
- Running east in search of a sunset – How a mastermind can save you from the peril of unrealistic optimism and keep your business from running off the tracks (24:55)
- Your most important asset as an entrepreneur – Why you must protect your confidence at all costs (25:52)
- Keep it real – Why authenticity is your biggest advantage in the marketplace (27:08)
- The Impact Factor – Why sharpening your critical thinking skills can be the difference between running a business and making an impact (27:57)
- Who are you hanging around with? – How to avoid the extreme danger of staying confined to your own universe and thinking you've got it figured out (28:51)
- The power of generosity – Poor minds compete with one another, rich minds empower each other (30:38)
- Birds of a feather – If you want to fly like an eagle don't hang out with turkeys (31:16)
- Become an action figure – Why education without endeavor won’t get you very far (31:30)
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Ray Edwards YouTube Channel
- Nick Nimmin YouTube Video Tips
- Mike Kim
- John Nemo
- Mark Timm
- Ernie Svenson
- Jeff Bullas
- Jody Maberry
- Matt McWilliams
- Mark Sieverkropp
- Coeur d’Alene Resort
How To Help
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.