Before we start discussing the 3 keys, we'd better take a moment to define success.
According to the great Earl Nightingale, success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal. That definition deserves some analysis.
“Progressive realization,” tells me that, according to Earl, success is a process. I don't have to wait until I finally realize my worthy goal or ideal before I'm successful; I'm successful if I'm progressing toward it. In other words, it's not only the destination that counts but the journey as well.
This week, I'm breaking down 3 keys to the progressive realization of your worthy goal.
Your One Big Why
Let's assume you've decided on a worthy goal. Before you start building your roadmap, you need to ask yourself a question: “Why am I doing this?” [03:38]
You Don't Need to Get it Perfect…You Just Need to Get it Started
Not starting until you get it perfect? What an excellent procrastination tool. There are more how-to videos and articles available to you than you could consume in multiple lifetimes. You can even get a feeling of accomplishment for learning something, even if you never implement what you've learned…you just move on to the next how-to. You can stay on this treadmill for life…never moving from where you started. [10:45]
You Need Results
Last week's podcast was devoted entirely to this concept – If you have a belief, there should be evidence of it in your life…some quantifiable results (even if they're not the results you expected). [13:36]
- [01:39] Earl Nightingale's definition of success
- [02:48] What else do you need?
- [03:38] Key number 1 – Why?
- [10:45] Key number 2 – Perfection
- [13:36] Key number 3 – Results
- [15:58] Recap
- 5daysalespage.com -Learn my sales page framework, live and absolutely free of charge. This is the same framework that has generated over $400 million in sales for all kinds of products and services. If you believe an internet revenue stream would improve your life, here's your chance to act on that belief and get some results. Click here to sign up.
- Brooke Castillo – Brooke Castillo's Life Coach School
- Think Media – Want to improve your video content? Subscribe to this channel
- Diana Gladney – Highly recommended resource for video production and instruction.
How You Can Help
Subscribe to the show in iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will definitely mention you on this show. We are also on Stitcher.com, so if you prefer Stitcher, please subscribe there.
Connect with Ray on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Visit Ray's community on Facebook – This is a friendly group of writers, entrepreneurs, and coaches who share ideas and helpful advice.