If you ask a room full of people with jobs why they go to work, what do you think their answer would be? Probably something like, “To pay the bills… because I have to… because I have an addiction to living indoors with plumbing…”
If you ask entrepreneurs why they work, what will THEY say? Probably something like, “Because I love my business… I’m doing what I love… I’m on a mission…”
But pose the question differently and see what happens. Ask those same entrepreneurs privately, if they won the Powerball and a got a $25M windfall, what are the first 5 things they would do… and one of the top items on that list is ALWAYS “get rid of this business.”
In this episode, we’re going to get to the root of this problem and help you live a more authentic life starting right now.
Click here to download or listen to this episode now.
Recently I’ve been re-reading the classic book Psycho-Cybernetics by Dr. Maxwell Maltz. Dr. Maltz popularized the idea of self-image and its effect on performance. There's a difference between self-esteem and self-image. Your self-esteem is how you appraise your value, your self-image is simply the picture you have of yourself.
Who do you think you are?
There's an ancient proverb that says, “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.” Jesus said, “Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.” I believe what He was saying is, what you say reveals who you think you are.
Jesus said, “Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.” I believe what He was saying is, what you say reveals who you think you are.
If you consistently find yourself behaving in a way that you don’t want to behave… you must look closely at your “secret identity.” You’ll find that somewhere you hold conflicting views that cannot exist in the same person. You are at war with yourself, and you are at war with reality.
The masses lead lives of quiet contradictions. That is the pattern of the ordinary behavior of the world. It’s why the Apostle Paul wrote “Don’t be conformed to the pattern of this world, but be TRANSFORMED by the renewing of your mind…”
We renew our minds by thinking different thoughts. How do you do this?
- Notice the feelings that alert you to internal conflicts.
- Trace your thought backwards and find the place where you find two conflicting ideas.
- Resolve the conflict.
- Establish a new thought that is not in conflict.
- Reinforce the “trigger” and the “thought pattern.”
In this episode, we do a deep dive on all of this…trust me when I say that you don’t want to miss this.
Tip of the Week
In keeping with the theme of today's episode, How to Reinvent Your Business, Your Income, and Your Life, Jeff Walker opens his store today for you to enroll in his Product Launch Formula (PLF).
We're big believers in PLF as an approach, and the tip of the week is about how you can get $20,000 in coaching and training from me and our company for free when you sign up for PLF through the link rayedwards.com/plf.
These bonuses are only available for a limited time…until Thursday, September 14, 2017. So, if you want the $20,000 worth of free goodies from us, go to rayedwards.com/plf.
While you’re there, be sure to watch all the videos because you would be surprised at how much you can learn from that content, and by observing the PLF launch process. Now go forth and prosper!
Feature Presentation: “How To Reinvent Your Business, Your Income and Your Life”
Let's pretend you won the New Life lottery…what would be the first things you would do? Most entrepreneurs, if they told the truth, would just get rid of their business.
Why? Because they feel trapped by their business and they go to work in their business for the same reason that people go to work at a job, to pay the bills.
So, if money were no longer a concern…
- How would you redesign your life?
- How would you redesign your income?
- How would you redesign your business?
Here are some ideas and some snippets from our conversation:
- You are here – Answering this question honestly is the very first place to start when redesigning your life (30:05)
- Check your B.S. at the door – How redefining your belief system is the fastest way to make a life U-Turn (32:54)
- Opportunity comes dressed as work – How to give yourself permission to want what you want (34:50)
- How to eliminate the belief that there is a moral connection between hours worked and income earned.(35:54)
- The tug at your soul – You are a creative, productive person…and if you aren't creatively productive, your soul begins to die (38:05)
- Be fruitful and multiply – Why creating value is a Divine calling and simply the smartest thing you could possibly do in business (40:10)
- Reinvention simplified – How to do a wholesale redesign of your life with a minimum amount of disruption (43:38)
- The seven-figure solution – Why a product launch is the fastest and most strategic way to reinvent your business (47:53)
- The clock is ticking – Why setting a deadline for yourself puts you on the fast-track to success (49:24)
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
How To Help
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.