Things can change so quickly in the online world it sometimes feels like a full-time job just trying to keep up. Which platforms are still relevant? What are the emerging trends I need to keep my eye on?
In this episode my guest Mark Mason will tackle these questions, clear out the cobwebs of confusion and shine a light on the path forward.
Click here to download or listen to this episode now.
In the church world today, when people are presented with an opportunity it’s common to hear them say, “I’m going to wait on the Lord till I get a sign from Him that this is the right thing to do.”
This drives me nuts because God has given us eyes, ears, and a glorious brain to think with…we should be able to evaluate opportunities using the tools He has given us. So, I found some Scripture to back up my viewpoint, which is what you do when you’re a Christian. Check this out:
Proverbs 10:5, “He who gathers in summer is a son who acts wisely, but he who sleeps in harvest is a son who acts shamefully.”
Or how about Proverbs [14:23], “In all labor there is profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.”
We serve a God who doesn’t have any problems making decisions. Let’s follow His lead and strike when the opportunity is hot.
Tip of the Week
The tip this week is one of the coolest apps I’ve seen in a long time. If you ever watched the TV show Fringe you’ll remember how they had those 3D titles that showed the name of the city floating on the screen. It looked really cool.
Now with Placer Cam you can create that same effect in your videos just using your phone. Getting perfectly tracked text in your videos has never been as fun, quick or easy. The best part is that there’s no expensive editing software required, do it all on your mobile device!
Feature Presentation: “An Interview with Mark Mason”
My guest this week is Mark Mason, the host of the brilliant podcast Late Night Internet Marketing. There you can expect to hear practical internet marketing advice you can apply to your own internet business, great interviews with successful and interesting marketers, and tidbits of helpful information delivered in an easy-to-understand format.
In this episode I get to pepper Mark with questions we all want answers to, like:
- Is affiliate marketing still a real thing normal people can do?
- Why would one approach an internet business as a side hustle, instead of burning the ships?
- Day Job Secrets: Should You Tell Your Boss About Your Side Gig?
- Do you think all this vlogging, snapping, Vining, and Instagramming is a sign of rampant narcissim?
- Why don’t you post a bunch of quote memes to show us how smart you are? How hard is it for the Average Joe to optimize a website?
- And finally, why a post about depression?
Here are some snippets from our conversation:
- Let there be value – Why leading by example has helped Mark Mason lead the way in helping people build profitable side businesses ([8:58])
- Get Ziggy with it – How to get what you want by helping people get what they want ([11:01])
- Jesus was a smart Dude – Why the Golden Rule has always been the key to longevity and prosperity in business ([13:10])
- Playing with fire can get you burned – The real reason that building a side hustle is the smartest way to transition out of a job ([15:22])
- Stay away from the eject button – Why it’s always better to run to something than run away from something ([18:07])
- Stop waiting for your “calling” – How to enjoy what you’re doing while you’re doing it so your calling can find you ([20:34])
- To tell or not to tell – The questions you need to answer before you decide to tell your boss about your side hustle ([23:42])
- Expect to be discovered – A parable about what to do if your side hustle is discovered ([29:35])
- The value of narcissism – How to spot the fine line between making it all about you and entertaining and enlightening your audience ([31:40])
- An alternate view of depression – How to overcome the things that drain our energy and move your business forward every day ([37:29])
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
How To Help
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.