What you believe controls how much success you’re willing to allow yourself to experience. Is it possible that by tweaking what you believe you could start to achieve things you once thought impossible?
In this episode we're going to begin to examine and share some of our core beliefs, how they influence our business, our personal lives, our behavior, and how we arrived at these beliefs.
Click here to download or listen to this episode now.
Our Spiritual Foundations segment this week is sure to ruffle a few feathers, but what else is new? In this episode I unveil a new way to think about one of the most quoted passages in the Bible…Matthew [22:15]-22.
“Then the Pharisees went and plotted how they might entangle Him in His talk. And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, ‘Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men. Tell us, therefore, what do You think? Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?’
But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, ‘Why do you test Me, you hypocrites? Show Me the tax money.’
So they brought Him a denarius.
And He said to them, ‘Whose image and inscription is this?’
They said to Him, ‘Caesar’s.’
And He said to them, ‘Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.’ When they had heard these words, they marveled, and left Him and went their way.”
So, was Jesus saying that taxes are cool and He was totally okay with the government? Or is it possible that His answer had a deeper meaning. The answers you seek are inside this week’s episode.
Tip of the Week
If you’re anything like me, you have dozens of apps on your phone that you never use. They seemed like a good idea at the time, but now they’ve been relegated to the Island of Forgotten Apps.
Fear not, I have an elegantly simple solution.
Delete all the apps on your phone and only add them back when you need them. I know, it sounds extreme, but think of it as a game. How few apps can you keep on your phone and still feel like a king or queen of the digital playground? I think you’ll be surprised at the answer.
Feature Presentation: “7 Beliefs That Create Success”
We stand for:
- Spiritual foundations
- Virtuous prosperity
- Rational, virtuous self-interest
- Reality-based thinking
Here are some snippets from our conversation:
- Stop living on a flat earth – Why your worldview is dangerously incomplete without a spiritual component ([11:16])
- Is your mental castle made from bricks or straw? – Why what you believe about reality may actually be making your life more difficult ([12:24])
- Be fruitful and multiply – How your built-in power to reason gives you the ability to create things that advance and sustain life ([18:25])
- The Dangerous Dichotomy – How Jesus’ command to love yourself is the key to helping as many people as possible ([24:09])
- You reap what you sow – Why thought without action dooms you to a life mired in the mud of false reality ([28:58])
- If I don’t see it, it doesn’t exist – Why evading reality never helps you in the long run and eventually winds up stealing all your joy ([35:39])
- You are The Genesis Device – How embracing your creative nature is the fastest way to become productive and turn work into worship ([40:39])
- The work you do today impacts tomorrow – Why you should build the world today that future generations can enjoy tomorrow…just like you wish previous generations had done for you ([45:26])
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
How To Help
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.