Your core beliefs control everything you do, from your attitudes to the actions you take each day. But how did you develop those beliefs? Did you thoughtfully choose them yourself, or were they handed to you over time from potentially unqualified sources?
In this episode we continue to discuss the core beliefs we hold here at Ray Edwards International. If you listen closely you may discover the key to developing your own North Star that can be counted on to guide you safely home.
Click here to download or listen to this episode now.
If I took Jesus out of my business, would it make any difference?
This is a little bit of a trick question, because what you are on Sunday you should be every day of the week. It’s not about living a balanced life, it’s about living an integrated life.
If what you believe doesn’t make a difference in the way you live every part of your life, then perhaps it’s possible that you don’t really believe it.
We take a deeper dive on this subject in this week’s episode, but take warning…it’s not for the faint of heart.
Tip of the Week
This week I’m going to share a tip that will eliminate the most ubiquitous challenge that video content creators face. No, it has nothing to do with the quality of your video…it’s the quality of your sound.
The newest smartphones are great for shooting video, but the microphones that are built into them are lousy. Don’t be fooled, if your audio isn’t great, viewers won’t stick around. That means all your great content and world-changing ideas go right down the drain.
Fear not, I have a simple, cost-effective solution for you. Introducing the TASCAM DR-10L, an ultra-compact, incredibly convenient digital recorder/lavalier microphone combo. You can shoot the video and record the audio separately on this device, it uses a microSD card. All you do then is take the sound from the microSD card and put it on top of the video in your video editing software. It sounds like a big deal, but it's not hard to do. In fact, Final Cut Pro makes it super easy because it basically does it for you.
Free yourself from the horrors of awful audio, and become the world-class content creator you were born to be!
Feature Presentation: “The Entrepreneurial Manifesto”
If you’re an entrepreneur, or on your way to becoming one, this week I’m going to cover some important philosophical and positional tenets that you can use as a roadmap to guide your enterprise to true and lasting success. Let’s begin…
- The fire in which we burn – Why you must guard your time like the absolute treasure it is ([13:02])
- Seek and ye shall find – How to live the life you really want to live and bless those of your choosing without needlessly sacrificing yourself on their behalf ([14:14])
- Tripping the thought wire – The secret to being successful and thriving while also being accountable ([15:32])
- Where did you get that idea? – The real reason why business, wealth, and possessions are inherently moral and good ([20:55])
- Creating value and building wealth – Money and resources can only exchange hands two ways, either voluntarily by trading value for value, or by force. Which do you choose? ([23:59])
- Creating value can save the world – How copywriting saved a pastor and his family from financial ruin ([29:34])
- And the winner is… – Why the Free Market is the only market that actually works ([32:09])
- Are you worthy? – The reason it’s important to be ready to give an answer for what you believe ([34:45])
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
How To Help
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.