All of us want a business that hums along, routinely churning out profits as if on autopilot, but how the heck do you do that? This week I’ve enlisted the help of the undisputed market leader to teach you practical steps to amplify, accelerate, and automate your profits.
Amy Porterfield teaches business owners, educators, and entrepreneurs the action steps for building a highly engaged email list, creating online training courses, and using online marketing strategies to sell with ease. She is one of our favorite people and what she has to say will blow your mind.
Is it possible to use peace as a weapon?
I want to read for you a little passage of Scripture you’ve probably heard, even if you’ve never darkened the door of a church in your life.
“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.” – Psalm 23:4
Marketplace minister Os Hillman has a website called TGIF…Today God Is First. In one of his devotionals he says, “In battles of the workplace, your peace is actually a weapon. The workplace creates many opportunities to rob us of our peace.”
He goes on to list things like cash flow, relationships, conflicts with employees, deadlines, and other things that create stress and disturb our peace. He points out that when Jesus confronted the devil, Jesus didn’t react from his emotions or out of fear because He knew that the devil is a liar. Jesus just refused to be influenced by the lie. His peace overwhelmed the adversary, His authority shattered the lie, and the forces of darkness were sent scurrying away to the corner to hide.
Pretty cool insight. I really enjoy a lot of stuff that Os Hillman writes, so be sure to check out his site at TodayGodIsFirst.com.
Tip of the Week
Everything you touch ends up on your phone…I mean everything. So how do you keep your phone, and the other tech gadgets you use, clean and sanitary?
I discovered the answer to this conundrum on a recent trip to the Apple store. I noticed they use a product called WHOOSH! to keep all the high-end products free from fingerprints and Lord knows what else has been on the hands of hundreds of people who visit that store daily.
I figured if it’s good enough for Apple, it’s good enough for me. Pick up some WHOOSH! for your devices, because the alternative is just nasty.
Feature Presentation: “The One With Amy Porterfield”
Amy Porterfield is one of the most interesting women on the internet, maybe even on the planet. She started out her career working for Harley Davidson and ended up working with Tony Robbins.
Now through her best-selling marketing courses (List Builder’s Lab, Courses That Convert, Webinars That Convert), a thriving Facebook community, and top-ranked podcast, Amy inspires a grounded, tangible and self-affirming sense of, “Wow! I really can do this,” for over 250,000 online entrepreneurs.
She proves that by moving away from “step-by-step” and into “action-by-action,” even the newest online entrepreneurs can bypass feelings of self-doubt and being overwhelmed. Instead, they can generate exciting momentum as they move closer to building a life and business they love.
Here are some snippets from our conversation:
- The Entrepreneurial Incubator – Why surrounding yourself with the kind of people you want to be like is the secret sauce to successfully starting a business ([8:29])
- Burn the Boats – Amy shares the fastest way to turn a side hustle into the life of your dreams ([10:31])
- One dollar can change the world – Amy tells the story of how Ray started writing copy for Tony Robbins, and the unusual strategy he used to write a killer sales letter ([13:46])
- Trading one boss for many bosses – What to do if you wind up hating the business you start, and how to successfully get back on track ([15:29])
- Authenticity will always have an audience – Amy shares the secret to overcoming your client’s biggest fears and writing copy that converts like crazy ([17:40])
- The Power of Belief – If you don’t possess this one thing you’re going to lose the trust of your audience forever ([20:32])
- Connection isn’t a one-time thing – Amy teaches us the extreme value in creating a follow-up sequence that is just a continuation of your webinar or sales process ([21:54])
- You like me, you really like me! – Amy reveals the clandestine way to get inside your customer’s mind and feel like you’re talking to them directly ([23:38])
- Selling after the sale – Why making the sale is just the beginning of your copy journey with your customers ([24:25])
- Should you outsource your voice? – Why you need to become a student of copywriting…even if you plan on hiring a copywriter ([26:02])
- Everything is copy – Why understanding the art and science of copy can improve everything from social media posts to your personal relationships ([28:53])
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
How To Help
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.