If you’ve listened to this podcast for any length of time, you’ve undoubtedly heard us extol the virtues of Revel 77, our favorite coffee shop. So, when its existence was in jeopardy we stepped out and bought it. But that begs the question, “Why the heck did we do that?”
In this episode we’ll attempt to answer that question, and show you why we’re willing to put our money where our mouth is when it comes to walking out the prosperity principles that we teach.
Prosperity tends to mean different things to different people, but to simplify this I’ve boiled prosperity down to one acronym (you guys know how much I love these).
L.I.F.E. will help you determine whether you’re living a prosperous life. Check it out…
Love what you do, and do what you love.
Invite God’s presence into every part of your life.
If you’ll do those things you’re living a prosperous life.
Tip of the Week
In 1879 Thomas Alva Edison created the first commercially practical incandescent light. I think we can all agree that was a revolutionary moment. Now Philips has created Hue lighting which lets you easily control your light and create the right ambiance for every situation.
When you experience a beautiful sunset, you realize that light can change your emotional state. Now imagine having total control over the light and color of your environment, bending it to your will so that it matches your mood…that’s some pretty heady stuff.
Combine that versatility with the ease of access that a company like Alexa gives you and, my friends, you are gazing straight into the eyes of progress.
Feature Presentation: “7 Reasons Why We Bought A Coffee Shop”
When we bought our favorite coffee shop we were inundated with questions about our reasons for doing so. We’re known primarily as internet marketers, so why would we dip our toes into the brick and mortar marketplace? In this episode we reveal our reasons, and show you why we’re willing to put our money where our mouth is when it comes to walking out the prosperity principles that we teach. Here are our 7 reasons:
- Proof and flexing our muscles
- Synergy with our existing business
- Because we wanted to
- More Income
Here are a few snippets from our conversation:
- Sean’s Rant of the Week – Illuminating the hidden meaning of capitalism ([16:45])
- The story behind the story – What specialty coffee and power outlets had to do with the purchase of Revel 77 ([21:20])
- Assembling the wings on the way down – Why growth can be messy and good at the same time ([24:18])
- Creating the Third Place – How a safe shared space allows a community to find an anchor and flourish ([28:15])
- Becoming the feet of Jesus – How business can help people experience God’s Kingdom through abundance, peace, and joy ([30:59])
- The Shark Tank Factor – How to strategically invest in businesses to increase your income and wealth ([35:06])
- Put your money where your mouth is – What a coffee shop taught us about the validity of our marketing model and forever answer the question. “Will this work for my business?” ([38:39])
- Coffee is magical – How a delicious beverage helps us carry the atmosphere of Heaven to a thirsty world ([41:19])
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
How To Help
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.