Chris Ducker’s book Virtual Freedom is a best seller, he has employed over 450 full-time employees, and he has built multi seven-figure businesses. Chris is frequently featured in INC., Entrepreneur, Success, and Huffington Post.
He’s the founder of youpreneur.com (a term he coined in 2014). Youpreneur.com is an entrepreneurial mastermind community that helps experts become the go-to leader in their market.
“Whether there’s a transaction involved immediately, or whether it’s further down the line, they’re doing business with me because of the relationship they have with me first.”
By serving youpreneurs, Chris transcends the old rules of business and helps people build a sustainable business based on their experience, interests, wisdom, personality, and personal brand.
Today Chris shares his insights on personal branding and we discuss his recently released book, The Rise of the Youpreneur.
Tip of the Week
My tip of the week is simply, buy Chris Ducker’s book The Rise of the Youpreneur. Along with his book he has included hundreds of dollars of bonus material that you'll want to check out.
Michael Hyatt said, “I’ve done pretty well as a personal brand. If I’d had this book I could have done it twice as fast.” Check it out at a bookstore near you.
Today’s spiritual foundation is based on Proverbs 11:26 from the ancient book of wisdom. “The people will curse him who withholds grain during a famine, but blessings will be on the head of him who sells it.” So, I encourage you to think about that. God blesses the man for selling grain during a famine.
Feature Presentation “The Rise Of The Youpreneur, An Interview With Chris Ducker”
- In reality, as soon as you start coasting, you start dying – Why it’s critical to face the fact you’re either growing or you’re dying. (1:12)
- Want to be the definitive guide in your industry? – How to shorten your path to success by reading The Rise of the Youpreneur. (5:39)
- “People do business with me personally way before they do business with any of my companies or businesses.” Chris Ducker (6:00)
- Burnout – How it led me to recreate my business with virtual employees and write the book Virtual Freedom. (7:02)
- People do business with me because of the relationship they have with me first – How to build, market, and monetize your personal brand. (7:38)
- Regardless of your niche, there is enough noise out there – What the world needs is YOU, they need someone like you to show them the way. (8:38)
- Your goal as a personal brand – Why becoming someone’s favorite is crucial to your success in a personal branding business. (9:22)
- There are people who will only respond to your voice on this subject – Why realizing you’ve been called to serve will help you build a future-proof business. (9:58)
- When you build the business of YOU there are no real competitors, regardless of the industry or market – How being YOU is the unique factor for your profits and success. (10:31)
- How you are 100% in control of your future – Overcoming being tied to or enslaved by your personal brand business. (11:12)
- Build a business based on you – How to create a business that’s not reliant only on you. (11:20)
- Michael Hyatt is the personal brand entrepreneur personified – Why creating a legacy that will live on past your time on earth is possible as a personal brand. (12:02)
- The most unexpected, amazing Zig Ziglar impersonation – Why I still consume some Zig every month. (12:50)
- Build a business based on you, your messaging, your philosophy, the impact you want to make on the world and the people you want to serve. (14:00)
- How to create a smart personal brand without it being totally build on you. (14:15)
- Why listening to the feedback from your audience and community is key – How filling the gaps helps you serve your community. (14:47)
- Why I saw the need to create The Youpreneur Roadmap – How to build, market and monetize a personal brand. (15:15)
- The genius of giving your community what they need rather than what you want to give them – How to serve by “on-ramping” your customer wherever he may be at the time. (18:00)
- How to help your person-to-person businesses thrive – Why sharing behind the scenes with Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter (any social media) helps you connect with your community. (19:00)
- The Personal Brand Building Manual – How to use this resource to rise up and embrace your calling. (19:41)
- Why you help people – When you know you've been put on this earth to create this message you realize it’s your calling and it’s your duty. (20:19)
- The Youpreneur Summit – How Chris Ducker discovered his life’s work and created a movement that’s calling people to rise up and serve. (20:30)
- “All the world’s a stage” – How to position yourself as an expert through coaching, speaking, being a podcast guest, and being featured in the press. (22:10)
- No one can tell your story and get your point across the way you do. (23:10)
- How you’re spearheading a movement when you take the gifts you’ve been given, and you share them – How to serve others with your expertise, wisdom, and experience. (23:40)
- “Let me serve you” or “Look at me” – How your motivation impacts your personal brand business (24:00)
- Relationships should be treasured not used – How to avoid the spammy, wrong way of pitching yourself (in essence, how to honor relationships). (24:40)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
The Rise of the Youpreneur by Chris Ducker
How To Help
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.