Today I want to enter into an interesting discussion Ken MacArthur started on Facebook https://www.facbook.com/marketingtactics.
Ken states, “Serious question, I’ve always been a skeptic. I have no problem under-promising and over-delivering, but I’ve always been hesitant to make a ‘Big Promise.’ Given the current state of the world I live in, I’m more inclined to think things like ‘most people will fail, most of the time when they start something new.’ That’s why babies don’t walk on the first try. Making a ‘big promise’ is part of the sales conversation equation. Some of my mentors find it essential and don’t believe you can close high-ticket sales without one. Obviously, showing value and creating trust impact your sales. The skeptic in me always hesitates to promise anything. Do you ever wrestle with this kind of question?”
Today, I unpack Ken MacArthur’s crucial question all entrepreneurs and marketers must answer, “Should I make a ‘Big Promise’?”
Click here to download or listen to this episode now.
Tip of the Week
This week’s tip of the week is The Ridge, a wallet that is minimalist without being limited, so you can carry less and always have what you need. It’s RFD protected, so you’re identity will not be stolen.
Check out the EDC Movement, it’s about getting the most out of what you carry (efficiency, utility, and worth). Even if the wallet doesn’t interest you… be sure to check out their website.
The Spiritual Foundation is from the Sermon on the Mount and follows the theme of today’s podcast, “Are Big, Bold Promises Biblical?”
Uncover what the Bible says in Matthew [5:33]-37:
“You have also heard that our ancestors were told, ‘You must not break your vows; you must carry out the vows you make to the Lord.’ But I say, do not make any vows! Do not say, ‘By heaven!’ because heaven is God’s throne. And do not say, ‘By the earth!’ because the earth is his footstool. And do not say, ‘By Jerusalem!’ for Jerusalem is the city of the great King. Do not even say, ‘By my head!’ for you can’t turn one hair white or black. Just say a simple, ‘Yes, I will,’ or ‘No, I won’t.’ Anything beyond this is from the evil one.”
Deliver on your promise. If it’s a Big, Bold Promise, good, keep it.
Feature Presentation “Why You MUST Make Big, Bold Promises“
- 5 Reasons to consider making bold promises in your marketing — How to overcome your own skepticism when making the offer and the promise. [13:25]
- How you’re robbing others (although you’re unlikely doing this intentionally) — Seriously, did you ever consider it’s not all about you? [14:20]
- Why uncovering how you’re intentionally robbing yourself is crucial to living your most magnificent life. [17:00]
- Throwing your gift on the ground — What really happens when you refuse to step into your most magnificent life. [19:00]
- Discover the one thing that penetrates the cloud of confusion — Successful marketers understand this better than anyone. [20:10]
- How to overcome the mass mumbling of mediocrity — Sparking this causes some people to retreat into their comfort zone. [21:30]
- Uncover the powerful force you must dismantle in order to grow your business — Overlooking this crucial influence is guaranteed to doom your sales. [23:00]
- The world is made a better place by those who get their “Hopes UP!” [23:30]
- Why this simple yet neglected principle, espoused by Donald Miller, is key to all successful marketing — Change this one element in your marketing and reap the financial rewards …all the way to the bank. [24:24]
- How setting Big, Bold promises tricks you into higher performance. [24:53]
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
The Ridge wallet
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.