Belief is a powerful force in the human life. What drives you to do what you do? And what causes you to do the things you don't do?
Placebo effect / Nocebo effect
Matthew 6:34 (NIV)
Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own…
Tip of the Week
CutStory for Instagram- You can take any video you have and it turns them into 15-second clips for your Instagram Story.
Feature Presentation: “The Power Of Belief”
Our beliefs are, in large part, not chosen by us consciously.
Quote from Ayn Rand:
As a human being, you have no choice about the fact that you need a philosophy. Your only choice is whether you define your philosophy by a conscious, rational, disciplined process of thought and scrupulously logical deliberation – or let your subconscious accumulate a junk heap of unwarranted conclusions, false generalizations, undefined contradictions, undigested slogans, unidentified wishes, doubts and fears, thrown together by chance, but integrated by your subconscious into a kind of mongrel philosophy and fused into a single, solid weight: self-doubt, like a ball and chain in the place where your mind's wings should have grown.
How do we form beliefs?
* Sensory data
* what is it?
* what does it mean?
* what should I do?
Beliefs help form
* quality of life
1. My value is in my ability to produce. (My value is in my ability to initiate production.)
2. I have to be the best if I want to lead. (Leadership is bringing out the best in others.)
3. I can’t help people who have more success than me. (I want ALL the people I help to have MORE success than me.)
4. I want no employees because employees equal problems. (Employees help me multiply wealth – for me, themselves, and our clients. Everybody wins)
5. Some people have special gifts no one else can have. (“What one man can do, another man can do.“)
6. The purpose of wealth is to help others. (The purpose of wealth is to show God’s glory – and the”glory of God is a man fully alive”.)
7. Life is hard, and then you die. (In this world we will have trouble – but Jesus has overcome the world.. so we should be encouraged.)
Start noticing your beliefs.
Start questing them.
And if they don’t serve you, start changing them!
To Change any Belief
Undermine the supports
Build support for the new belief
Use the Pain/Pleasure balance
Condition the new belief
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.
Get The Transcript