Today on the show, we talk about how to get clients now and the 3 pillars of building a copywriting business. We also do Q&A with Ray where my assistant, Tiffany, asks me some questions that you may or may not want to know the answers to.
[8:00] There is a passage in James that says you are not supposed to be boasting about tomorrow. Does this mean we shouldn’t have goals?
[9:05] Choose goals that are challenging and stretch you but that are realistic.
[10:34] You should talk about what you are planning to do, God willing. Is this correct?
[12:30] You do not know what tomorrow holds.
[16:17] James was addressing a specific group to the people at the time. That doesn’t mean that it doesn’t apply now.
Tip of the Week
Just Press Record
You just press a big red button to talk and then you just hit “transcribe.”
You can also share the file and transcript with other people.
Feature Presentation “How to Get Clients Now”
3 Pillars of Starting a Copywriting Business
- Do the most lucrative form of writing: direct response sales copy.
- Get good at writing copy: study and get feedback from someone who knows what they are doing.
- Get clients.
So how do you do this?
- Be so good they can’t ignore you.
- Alienate the right people. Figure out who your perfect client is, and talk to them.
- Tell client success stories. If you don’t have any, get some!
Go to seminars and workshops for the area you specialize in.
And now, Tiffany leads us where angels fear to tread:
- My bad habit: Oreo McFlurries.
- What is in my bag? My camera: Canon M50.
- My story of how I decided I wanted to write.
- My earliest happy memory: pooping.
- I would rather not restart my life; I would rather continue my life.
This episode of the Ray Edwards Show is made possible in part by The All-New Ray Edwards Endorsed Service Provider & Certified Copywriter Program, where I help anyone who wants to make big money from their writing without getting a publisher or having a bestseller, and even if nobody knows who you are. Get my proven methods, systems, and even my endorsement – go to www.edwardscertified.com.
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.