What is the purpose of your business? Is it to fulfill your mission in life?
That’s how I explained my business to a friend one day over lunch. His response completely caught me off guard! It rocked my world… no exaggeration!
That’s what I’m going to talk about this week on Episode 389 of The Ray Edwards Show.
Get your free worksheet for this episode by clicking here. This worksheet will help you implement the lessons you learn on today’s show.
Ray’s Tip of the Week:
([4:34]) This week I have a “double tip” for you.
- I recently started using a new app for writers. It’s so good I’ve completely rearranged my entire writing setup and filing system for its exclusive use.
- You can put all your writing in one repository. One sole source where the truth lives about your writing and it works on Mac, iPad, and iPhone.
- A $57 course to help you use the app I just mentioned. The author should really think about raising his prices because this course is amazing! But I’m glad I got it before the price went up.
- It helps you organize your notes, ideas, and writing so you can go… as the author puts it… “from scattered to structured.” Exactly what I need!
([8:05]) This week I return to an idea I’ve talked about many times before. Tune in to hear…
- Why I believe that having a very successful business and making money is not only NOT bad, but it’s exactly what Jesus wants us to do. It doesn’t mean that you're selfish. In fact, it’s one of the only ways to help you be unselfish.
Tune in to discover…
- ([11:40]) The first priority of your business… as counterintuitive as it may sound at first. In order to accomplish this priority, you have to serve people and satisfy your customers. But customer satisfaction is NOT your first priority.
- ([10:02]) The best mechanism for multiplying your money in business. But before you figure that out, you’ve got to figure out exactly what kind of online business you’re going to build.
- ([12:25]) The ONE THING that all online and offline businesses need to multiply their money. It doesn’t matter what kind of business you’re in. Every business needs this “one thing” to succeed. You cannot multiply your money without it!
- ([13:56]) The 5 reasons why you should build a business like mine. It’s the perfect kind of business. It’s never failed me. I’ve made 6 figures every year I’ve been in business and reached 7 figures each of the last 2 years. I’m on track to do 7 figures again this year.
- ([14:50]) The copywriting methods that founded the United States of America. Why the founding fathers are some of the most influential copywriters who ever lived.
- ([16:40]) How the radio business turned me into a copywriter before I ever knew what copywriting was. It all had to do with the movie theaters in our minds.
- ([19:01]) The “strategic influence” secret you can use to change someone’s beliefs before you ever meet them. Every element of communication is copy. The sooner you realize this, and the sooner you can take advantage of each communication opportunity, the sooner you will have a greater influence on the world you live in.
- ([21:03]) Why the “publish or perish” idea is more alive today in the current world of online marketing than in any other field. It’s one of the main reasons building a copywriting business is the perfect business to get into.
- ([22:58]) How to “earn while you learn” as you build yourself a perfect niche for your new writing business. This is exactly what I did when I was getting started.
- ([25:25]) Why the kind of business I’m in is one of the best ways to truly achieve freedom. Every entrepreneur goes into business because they want more freedom. Very few of them ever get it, unless they build a successful copywriting business.
If you want to learn my 3 best copywriting business-building secrets, join me this Wednesday, May 22nd, for a FREE online masterclass.
I’ve only ever shared these secrets with my Certified Copywriters… until now!
Links mentioned on today’s show:
Great books you need to get started in your copywriting business:
- How to Write Copy that Sells, Ray Edwards
- The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Getting Your Shit Together, John Carlton.
- The War of Art, Stephen Pressfield
- Going Pro, Stephen Pressfield
- Do the Work, Stephen Pressfield
- Tribes, Seth Godin
- This Is Marketing, Seth Godin
- Secrets of a Freelance Writer, Bob Bly
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.