My executive assistant, Tiffany Laughter-Twining and I have a debrief one week after coming home from our big live event, the Copywriting Academy Live. An event like no other we’ve ever done and may never do again.
Tune in to this week’s show to hear about…
- ([1:08]) What happened on Day 2 that changed the event from a normal seminar into a zone of transformation. Somehow it wasn’t my stage anymore. It was as if God took over.
- ([2:25]) How one speaker took a typically less-than-riveting topic for people at a business seminar and had the audience hanging on his every word. By the end, every single person was either on their feet or in tears… or both.
- ([3:22]) The moment when the Emcee spontaneously had the audience singing a hymn that turned the hall into what felt like a church. He was supposed to introduce me as the next speaker but took the audience to a special place that can only be described as something like a Communion experience.
- ([5:45]) Why one of my team members was frantically texting my executive assistant during my talk on Day 2. She thought I was having a serious health problem, but I was at a loss for an entirely different reason.
- ([6:35]) How one speaker taught us to use the stories from our own lives to help us overcome adversity. It’s only by using our stories in the way he described that we can see and learn from the patterns in our past.
- ([9:40]) What made this year’s event feel so much more professional and well organized. Almost none of it was me. It was these important people who were responsible for this success.
- ([14:50]) The hard but crucial lessons Michael Hyatt taught me about “setting up succession” in my business. It’s taken me many years to get to this point, but now that we’re here, I’m never going back.
- ([18:15]) Why next year’s event will NOT be The Copywriting Academy. It’s time to close that down and move on to a bigger, bolder vision. But don’t worry, those who still want copywriting stuff, we’ll still be doing that, but in a new way.
- ([20:05]) Why talking about my struggles about God and in my life has been so liberating. This may be the single biggest reason people follow me now, instead of the reasons they used to follow me.
I’d love to hear from you. Tell me your biggest takeaway from today’s show on Twitter @rayedwards, on Instagram @rayedwards, and on Facebook too.
Today’s show was produced by Kris Edwards with show notes and worksheets by Doug Pew and Juan Lopez.
Until we meet again may you prosper in all things: health, wealth, and wisdom. Now go live your most prosperous life.
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.