This is the first in a series of podcasts my executive assistant, Tiffany Laughter-Twining, and I are going to do over the next few weeks.
I want to encourage people in being successful and having their own businesses… if that’s what they want to do. It really comes down to being yourself, owning your identity, and doing things on purpose… as in… YOUR purpose, whatever that purpose is.
Today we’re going to talk about something many of my students have been struggling with. It’s the idea of “why to” being more important than “how to.”
Tune in to discover…
- ([4:23]) Why it’s okay to be successful. The 2 ideas many of our recent workshop students struggle with that continue to stand in the way of their forward motion.
- ([5:35]) The irrational anger felt by some people who follow my systems but don’t yet have the success I have. If they would only do this one simple, though sometimes challenging thing, they’d find their way to their goals much faster.
- ([7:05]) What I’ve noticed about people who buy “how-to” products and their incorrect rationale for what they hope to receive as a result. They don’t have the key ingredient to push through the problems that inevitably come when you’re doing “how-to.”
- ([8:47]) How I’ve failed many of my students, and what I’m doing to set it right. NEWS FLASH: I can’t take all of the blame, because I can’t control the actions or efforts of others. But I should have been more clear.
- ([10:10]) The Bermuda Triangle of online learning and how to avoid its swirling vortex. Those who get stuck in its deadly spiral are as bad as meth-head junkies, always on the lookout for just one more fix.
- ([13:10]) An insidious mindset I slip into more often than I care to admit, though I have become rather sophisticated about hiding it from most people.
- ([14:15]) How to overcome “loser’s limp” and stop making excuses for your lack of forward motion. Rather than getting hung up on certain elements of your story, there’s something you can easily do to transform them into propulsion engines.
- ([15:30]) The “one-day” principle keeping you stuck in the mud of your misfortune. Your ability to choose and how you use it in challenging situations is the key to sucking it up and getting on with your prosperous life.
Tiffany's tattoo sleeve as promised
I’d love to hear from you. Tell me your biggest takeaway from today’s show on Twitter @rayedwards, on Instagram @rayedwards, and on Facebook too.
And if you’d like to share your manifestations or your miracles with us, please write in at [email protected]. We’d love to hear how God is working in your life.
Today’s show was produced by Kris Edwards with show notes and designs by Doug Pew and Juan Lopez.
Until we meet again may you prosper in all things: health, wealth, and wisdom. Now go live your most prosperous life.