In today’s special BONUS podcast, Douglas Pew and I interview one of our certified copywriting students: Beth Schmeisl.
We talk to Beth about why she joined the certification program and how that helped her land a job with the Harmon Brothers. Beth also gives us some insight into what it takes to make a viral ad, and it’s not something you’d expect.
Tune in to discover…
- ([0:54]) What Beth has accomplished that even I haven’t done… yet!
- ([1:29]) How she started her copywriting journey. People tend to forget that you have to start somewhere before you can get anywhere.
- ([3:20]) The paper ceilings she broke through and how she almost denied herself the chance to succeed as a copywriter.
- ([6:30]) How she landed an amazing job with the Harmon Brothers! If you’ve seen the viral ads for Squatty Potty and Poo Pourri, you know who they are.
- ([8:04]) The persuasive tactic she used to convince the Harmon Brothers to hire her. HINT: She’s certified for a reason.
- ([11:04]) What makes up 80% of the challenge when writing. It’s probably not what you think.
- ([12:41]) All the cool people Beth has gotten to meet through her job. Who knew working could be so fun?!
- ([14:13]) What it feels like to be a rockstar copywriter. It’s not easy to put your creative image out into the world for interpretation, but the rewards can be tremendous.
- ([15:15]) The process Harmon Brothers use to complete a viral video ad script. Their “middle-of-nowhere” secret to removing all distractions in a distraction-filled world.
- ([22:05]) What Beth has to say to you about becoming a certified copywriter! Listen carefully… she knows what she’s talking about.
Links mentioned on this episode:
- Go to RayEdwards.com/gotime now to sign up for the NEW copywriting program!
- To contact Beth Schmeisl visit copy-clarity.com.
- CLICK HERE if you’d like to watch the ad Beth helped create.
I’d love to hear from you. Tell me your biggest takeaway from today’s show on Twitter @rayedwards, on Instagram @rayedwards, and on Facebook too.
And if you’d like to share your manifestations or your miracles with us, please write in at [email protected]. We’d love to hear how God is working in your life.
Today’s show was produced by Kris Edwards with show notes by Taylor Hyatt and designs by Juan Lopez.
Until we meet again may you prosper in all things: health, wealth, and wisdom. Now go live your most prosperous life.