As entrepreneurs, we know it is crucial for our businesses to have a vision to strive toward. The problem that we all face with this is that nobody tells you how you’re supposed to find and implement it.
Lucky for you, today’s podcast guest and great friend of mine, Michael Hyatt, is joining me to talk about his new book The Vision Driven Leader. I’ve read it already, and I cannot recommend it enough. It has helped me get an even better understanding of how to be vision driven and how to develop my vision, and I know it will do great things for you too.
Click here to download or listen to this episode now.
Tune in to discover…
- ([4:10]) How impactful Michael’s book really is. The proof is in the pudding, and boy do I have a giant bowl of pudding in front of me right now. It hasn’t just given me visions for my company; it has also created visions of the company for my employees as well. It’s really that great!
- ([5:25]) Why you really need to check the people when opportunities come knocking at the door. Not all opportunities are opportunities. I know what you’re thinking…that makes absolutely no sense, and you’re right. While the reasoning is pretty simple, it’s quite a bit trickier to decipher which opportunities are beneficial. The ones that aren’t are professionally disguised distractions that could prevent you from real opportunities.
- ([7:27]) How this book was made for just YOU. So many leaders and entrepreneurs will tell you that you need your vision to be successful, but they leave out the one thing that you NEED to know, and that is how to create your vision. That’s why Michael Hyatt wrote this book…so that you can build your vision and understand what it’s like to have a vision mindset for your business.
- ([14:27]) What you need to do first to take action as a leader to create your vision. Through the whole process, it is so important to remind yourself that it’s not going to be perfect the first time and maybe even not the second time, and even then it might change a little bit again at some point. Your vision statement isn’t the speed limit, it’s just the suggested speed.
- ([21:27]) Why your vision doesn’t need to change based on the current situations in the world. Your vision is just that – your vision. These are your desires for the future of your company. The only thing related to your vision that will change right now is your process of achieving the vision.
Purchase your copy of The Vision Driven Leader by going to visiondrivenleader.com.
I’d love to hear from you. Tell me your biggest takeaway from today’s show on Twitter @rayedwards, on Instagram @rayedwards, and on Facebook too.
And if you’d like to share your manifestations or your miracles with us, please write in at [email protected]. We’d love to hear how God is working in your life.
Today’s show was produced by Kris Edwards with show notes by Taylor Hyatt and designs by Juan Lopez.
Until we meet again may you prosper in all things: health, wealth, and wisdom. Now go live your most prosperous life.