This week, I'm asking you to do some self-reflection (check yourself, before you wreck yourself.) I'm offering you 5 “Failure Factors” that can paralyze entrepreneurs if left unchecked.
The good news is this: Even if you see some, or all of these factors in yourself, there is a simple solution. That's what I'm giving you in this week's episode.
“In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait expectantly.”– Psalm 5:3, NIV
How is it possible to stay spiritually centered in a world prone to chaos? This verse from Psalm gives us a pretty good recipe: Start your morning by speaking God – Then LISTEN for His voice throughout the rest of the day.
Tip Of The Week
Here's an app that fixes a recurring, expensive problem for many of us: Forgetting to cancel things we're not using. You may even see the charge pop up and think, “Oh yeah, I need to cancel that.”, but the subscription rolls on for a few months until you actually do it.
Truebill takes care of this in a simple, almost magical way. It keeps track of all your subscriptions and allows you to cancel unwanted ones with a single click. Amazing!
This week, I'm breaking down 5 factors that can be dream-killing kryptonite for entrepreneurs:
- Drifting (You MUST NOT drift. You need an intentional destination)
- Complaining (If you're complaining about things that are not in your control, stop it. If you're complaining about things you can control, stop it…and fix the thing that you're complaining about.)
- “Victiming” (It might give you some quick pain relief, but this fixes nothing)
- Comparison vs. Creation (Don't worry about who's doing it better, keep creating! The more you create, the better you will get)
- Procrastinate vs. Publish (You're not perfect. You're content will not be perfect. Don't let striving for perfection lead you to producing nothing.)
Links From This Episode
Write an Email Series That Sells – My free workshop that happens on July 8, 2021. This is a live, cohort-based workshop that will teach you how to create must-open subject lines and how to sell using stories. If you want a sample of how effective this style of learning is, just sign up and show up…no investment required.
Truebill – No more forgotten free-trials or hidden subscriptions. Track them all and cancel with a click.
How You Can Help
Subscribe to the show in iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will definitely mention you on this show. We are also on Stitcher.com, so if you prefer Stitcher, please subscribe there.
Visit Ray's community on Facebook – This is a friendly group of writers, entrepreneurs and coaches who share ideas and helpful advice.
Get The Transcript