If you have a goal of building a successful online business, I know of no better way to quickly build a reputable, memorable, brand, than by writing a book.
This isn't some tidbit I picked up somewhere – I've experienced this personally. My book, How to Write Copy That Sells, has sold about 30,000 copies since it was released in 2016. That's certainly not enough book sales for me to retire on, but the amount of business that book has generated for my company has resulted in millions of dollars in revenue.
This week, I'm giving you 5 good reasons why you MUST write a book.
- [00:00] Intro – Who is Ray Edwards?
- [01:30] Five good reasons to write a book
- [01:44] Reason 1 – To be an Authority
- [02:07] Reason 2 – A useful, bestselling book is the Ultimate sales letter for your company
- [02:30] Reason 3 – Your bestselling book should become the hub of your digital business
- [02:51] Reason 4 – Free publicity (and a whole lot more)
- [03:01] Reason 5 – Your bestselling book is the key to getting speaking gigs (on podcasts, stages, etc.)
- [03:23] The fast track to building your personal brand
- [03:44] You don't get rich selling your book…
- [04:09] What kind of book?
- [05:43] How do you write a useful, bestselling book?
- [07:20] The best of both worlds
- [08:00] What does it take to have a bestseller?
- [08:40] What a book proposal really is, and how I got one
- [09:33] Who is Jeff Goins?
- [09:57] How I got my book deal (with a $150k advance) / Bestseller Bootcamp
ProsperousWriter.com – Learn more about the upcoming Bestseller Bootcamp – Jeff Goins and I are going to walk you through the process of creating your book proposal (a.k.a., a business plan for your book), provide you with the exact proposal that we submitted to get my 150k book deal, and give you all the templates and tools necessary to do this for your own book. In fact, we'll be working on your proposal, live, in class.
How You Can Help
Subscribe to the show in iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will definitely mention you on this show. We are also on Stitcher.com, so if you prefer Stitcher, please subscribe there.
Visit Ray's community on Facebook – This is a friendly group of writers, entrepreneurs, and coaches who share ideas and helpful advice.