This week we're showcasing one of our highest reviewed episodes in the history of the show…And for good reason – It breaks down the process of starting a successful copywriting business into 3 simple steps.
Yep…You're (still) only 3 steps away from your work-from-anywhere, get paid to be creative, no-business-attire-required (or even pants for that matter) dream job.
Here's what we cover in this episode:
- The definition of a “direct response copywriter” and who their best kind of clients are. Yes, every business needs good copy to sell their products. But that doesn’t mean you should try to work for just any random company… unless they use this specific style of marketing. That is, if you want to have good clients who don’t stiff you or undercut your every move.
- Why the kind of writing business I’m discussing today is the most profitable kind of writing business you can get into. Unless you’re the next J. K. Rowling or Stephen King, this is by far the most lucrative type of writing business on the planet – if you know how to leverage your copywriting skills.
- How to apply the required F.O.C.U.S. you’ll need to learn the craft of copywriting from a master teacher. If you follow this “one, and only one” method of learning, you’ll get to your goal much faster than the average rookie copywriter.
- Why you need to become intimately familiar with the great original masters of copywriting. Without this knowledge, you’ll build your copywriting house on a foundation of sand, and you know what happened to the foolish man when the rains came tumbling down.
- How to get into the minds of the most winning copywriters of all time and internalize their methods for success. This practice is tedious and time-consuming. So much so that most copywriters never make it a habit, to their cost. If you make this a part of your routine, especially early on, you will have a massive advantage over the competition.
- What you should focus on before doing all the “normal” business setup practices. Focusing on these other business setup practices is an excuse that feeds your procrastination bug. If you want to sharpen up your skill, gain a positive reputation, and get to the money faster than most copywriters, you need to do this first.
- Why you need a copywriting mentor. How your mentor can open doors for you and get you on the fast track to notoriety, profitability, and a pipeline filled with the best kinds of clients.
- The only way to distinguish yourself in the marketplace and stand out from all the other so-called direct response copywriters. There are so many people who call themselves copywriters, but they don’t have the experience to back up their claims. When you follow this path to distinguishing yourself, you’ll truly stand out in a noisy world.
- How to build the single most powerful type of brand possible. Hint: you already have all the tools you need. You don’t have to take any courses or read any books. The answers are inside of you right now waiting to come out and build you a brand so powerful, you can use it to sell very expensive programs.
- The website platform I would use today if I was starting out. There are many options, but this one, which is not the industry standard, is the quickest, easiest, and most beneficial for beginners.
- How to use the 3 pillars of personal branding to grow your audience using social media and your website. This is how the game is played. This is marketing. Whether you’re against social media or not, this is what you have to do if you want to succeed.
- The best way to gain authority and establish expertise. It removes resistance and provides your customers with results in advance.
- How to get inside your customer’s mind on a regular basis and help them get to know you intimately. Starting this kind of marketing channel doesn’t have to be complicated. You can start today by pulling out your iPhone and hitting a couple buttons. But the potential for reach and influence is huge!
Links mentioned on today’s show:
- Join my Copywriting Certification program to be mentored and certified by me by going to RayEdwards.com/cdrc.
- Check out Michael Hyatt’s amazing book, Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World by clicking here.
- Get your podcast started with the amazing RodeCaster Pro by clicking here.
- Get your Audio Technica ATR 2100 microphone by clicking here.
A Few Essential Copywriting Books by the Original Masters:
- Breakthrough Advertising, Eugene Schwartz (BreakthroughAdvertisingBook.com)
- How to Write a Good Advertisement, Victor Schwab
- Scientific Advertising & My Life in Advertising, Claude Hopkins
- Robert Collier Letter Book, Robert Collier
- Tested Advertising Methods, John Caples
- Confessions of an Advertising Man, David Ogilvy
This episode of the Ray Edwards Show is made possible in part by The All-New Ray Edwards Enhanced Certified Direct Response Copywriter Program, where I help anyone who wants to make big money from their writing without getting a publisher or having a bestseller, and even if nobody knows who you are. Get my proven methods, systems, and even my endorsement – go to RayEdwards.com/CDRC2021
How You Can Help
Subscribe to the show in iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will definitely mention you on this show. We are also on Stitcher.com, so if you prefer Stitcher, please subscribe there.
Visit Ray's community on Facebook – This is a friendly group of writers, entrepreneurs, and coaches who share ideas and helpful advice.
Get The Transcript