Odds are, you don't have Parkinson's Disease, and if you don't, is there a benefit to listening to this week's episode? Absolutely!
The truth is, we're all dealing with something – Either something big, bold and in-your face (chronic pain, degenerative diseases, injuries, etc.), or the subtle, waiting patiently in the background, definitively terminal condition that we all have in common – Life.
Whatever your situation is, I believe these ten directives will help you live a better life. Click below to listen and I'll break down all ten.
- [4:31] Be a Rational Optimist – I don't believe the best will always happen, but I do work to make the best of whatever does.
- [6:24] Consciously choose a philosophy of life and live in a state of non-contradiction
- [8:17] Take 100% Responsibility for everything in your life. You're not in control of everything that happens in your life, but you are in control of how you respond to everything that happens in your life…100%.
- [9:46] Be well, even when you're not.
- [13:26] Pursue growth and contribution. If we don't feel that we're growing as a person, we begin to feel that we're dying.
- [15:34] Trade your expectations for appreciation.
- [19:54] Build daily rituals to control your focus, your physiology and your neurobiology.
- [24:11] Do your best to stay awake – Stay out of the hypnotic trance that society puts us in.
- [25:11] Live from your future to your present. Many people are living from their past which severely limits the possibilities of their future.
- [27:20] Ask better questions.
How You Can Help
Subscribe to the show in iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will definitely mention you on this show. We are also on Stitcher.com, so if you prefer Stitcher, please subscribe there.
Visit Ray's community on Facebook – This is a friendly group of writers, entrepreneurs and coaches who share ideas and helpful advice.